[Central Coast CA Permaculture] North American Permaculture - Convergence! August 29, 30, 31, 2014 Harmony Park, Clark’s Grove, Minnesota

Wesley Roe and Santa Barbara Permaculture Network lakinroe at silcom.com
Tue Jun 10 07:54:59 PDT 2014

North American Permaculture Convergence:
An epic opportunity!

August 29, 30, 31, 2014
Harmony Park, Clark’s Grove, Minnesota

EVERY PERMACULTURIST IN NORTH AMERICA IS INVITED!
Old and young, Experienced and novice.

The NAPC is a historic moment.
It marks the cusp of a new era, the turning of the wheel, the passing of the guard.
Be a part of this historic event.

This is a meeting of the minds. This is a gathering of the experts.
www.northamericanpermaculture.org

This very first North American Permaculture Convergence offers a special opportunity to meet up to 1,000 permaculture movers and shakers from across North America to share our successes and strategize how to create a permaculture future. Permaculture pioneers, authors, teachers, organizers, consultants, visionaries and farmers getting together to talk story and build symbiotic relationships. The NAPC offers the permaculture movement an opportunity to build a more cohesive movement. It offers us a chance to discuss curriculum, organizations, mentoring, projects, networking, bioregions, successful actions, etc. Vast amounts of information will be exchanged via workshops, presentations, hands-on activities, roundtables, exposition
 and many other modalities.

We have kept the costs dirt cheap and we are also working with regional representatives to organize car pools, bus pools and train pools to keep the footprint and travel costs minimal. We are incorporating permaculture design into every aspect we can of this event and welcome ideas on how to be even more effective at it!

Cost:  Only $150 early bird rate until June 15!!
This is an incredible bargain for delicious food, camping, numerous break-out sessions,
 roundtables, and other activities, and a couple dozen or more presentations by top permaculture practitioners, educators, and designers.

A number of veteran designers have agreed to participate and present, and we are getting confirms from some Australian veterans who happen to be in the US at that time. We have some information on the web site - keep checking in for updates as we get them posted!

There are a number of levels of participation:

The core organizing team currently comprises 7 people.  Michael Pilarski, Montana; Monica Ibacache, New York; Koreen Brennan, Florida; Bill Busse, Minnesota; Adam Brock, Colorado; Mario Yanez, Florida; and Sarah Ashley Baxendell, New York.

Paid staff/coordinators.  These are people who take on major responsibilities for specific facets of the event. There are 22 positions at this time, some of which will be co-managed by two people. There is an
 application form on the web site. .

Action Teams. There are currently 13 Action Teams listed on the NAPC website
 which people can now join. More teams will be created as we go along.  There is no limit on how many people can be involved in the Action Teams.  All of the Action Teams will be facilitated by a staff person or core group member. We welcome any and all good ideas to make this a deep, rich, meaningful and “totally worth it” event. What does that mean, for you?

Bioregional reps and advisors. We would like one or more people from each bioregion to do outreach in their bioregion and give us feedback.

Work Trade. NAPC is offering 25 full work trades and 50 half worktrades to people who need financial help to attend. There is a place on the website where people can apply for work trade. Many positions have been filled but there are still some openings!

Sponsorships. There are varying levels of sponsorships and corresponding benefits. Full information on the web site. There will also soon be a scholarship application on the web site, as well as a place to donate
 for scholarships.

Permaculture Exposition. The NAPC Exposition will feature a wide array of permaculture
 organizations, businesses, services and products. Exposition participants can sell books, T-shirts and products. Organizations and companies can promote their causes and services.

Convergence participants. We are anticipating 1,000 permaculturists from around North America to attend. We are keeping admission costs low to enable wide participation. $150 is the early bird price till June 15.  Some scholarships will be available. There will be tours, field trips and special trainings both before and after the NAPC.

Pre and post-events.  Pre and post events include workshops by Toby Hemenway and Mark Shepard, a professional pre-conference in Minneapolis, tours of local permaculture farms (Mark Shepard, and Kins Farm) and urban designs (in Minneapolis), Permaculture Teacher Training by Jude Hobbs and Andrew Millison, and a natural build service project at Pine Ridge reservation.

Please visit the NAPC website for more information.  This web site is constantly being updated so check back.

PLEASE JOIN US!   northamericanpermaculture.org
facebook.com/NorthAmericanPermacultureConvergence