[Central Coast CA Permaculture] June 24th Permaculture Guild meeting and June 29th workshop

Wesley Roe and Santa Barbara Permaculture Network lakinroe at silcom.com
Wed Jun 18 21:50:49 PDT 2014

Hello SLO Permaculture Guild,

You and all your friends (please share the post with others) are invited to the Natural Building workshop taking place on June 29th as attached......

AND, also our next Permie Potluck is this coming Tuesday, June 24th at the SLO Grange Hall at 6pm. It will be a "show & tell" evening where everyone is invited to share their garden designs and other permaculture projects with one another. Please come next Tuesday to share your garden designs and concepts with others at our Permie Potluck.

We meet once a month on the 4th Tuesday at 6pm at the SLO Grange Hall. There is a Farmer’s Market going on Tuesday afternoons from 3pm – 6pm so you can shop for produce and food and then stay for the potluck. Hope some of you feel called to share out your designs with others next Tuesday, June 24th and then come to the workshop on June 29th!

FREE COMMUNITY WORKSHOP - Natural Building
9 am - 2 pm Sunday, June 29th 2014
SLO Grange Hall - 2880 South Broad St. San Luis Obispo, CA (Click Here for Google Map)

Come to a free, half-day workshop to learn about and practice natural building using Permaculture principles and techniques!    Permaculture is a design methodology for creating living spaces and food systems based on holistic, ecological principles.  Techniques demonstrated and topics discussed will include sandbag construction, adobe, cob, and recycled urban lumber.  You’ll have a chance to get your hands dirty as we create a bench for the SLO Grange Hall.

Participants should arrive at 9 am.  Parking is located in front of the Grange Hall just off of S. Broad St.  Please bring chairs, shovels, gloves, hats, and water and wear closed toe shoes and pants.  We will break the workshop at noon to enjoy a potluck lunch before finishing the project by 2pm.  Please bring a potluck dish to share!

For more information about the course schedule, cost, and how to register, visit www.slopermaculture.net, ‘Like’ us on Facebook (www.facebook.com/SLOPermacultureGuild) or call Jim at (805) 239 - 0147.