[Central Coast CA Permaculture] BEETCOIN & Slow Money 2014: A Local and Global Gathering on Food, Investing and Culture in Louisville, KY, November 10-12.

Wesley Roe and Santa Barbara Permaculture Network lakinroe at silcom.com
Wed Oct 1 08:18:49 PDT 2014

Dear friends,
I'm reaching out to let you know about a great new way our friends at Slow Money have introduced to support local and organic food entrepreneurs.

It’s called BEETCOIN.

For any amount of $25 or more, you can contribute to BEETCOIN. Slow Money collects these contributions and will deploy them by popular vote, as 0% loans, to the two top vote-getters at Slow Money 2014 in Louisville, KY, Nov. 10-12, at which 21 food entrepreneurs will make presentations.   When the loans get repaid, Slow Money will recycle those dollars to future entrepreneurs.

Voting begins October 1.  Slow Money 2014 will be livestreamed for free, and voting will close on Nov. 12, a half-hour after the last entrepreneur presentation.   BEETCOIN proceeds go 80% to the first place vote getter, 20% to the second.

Go to www.beetcoin.org to review the 21 presenting entrepreneurs.

 SLOW MONEY 2014: A Local and Global Gathering on Food, Investing and Culture in Louisville, KY, November 10-12.
 https://slowmoney.org

By now, you’ve probably heard of Slow Money.  I’m writing to bring your attention to Slow Money 2014: A Local and Global Gathering on Food, Investing and Culture in Louisville, KY, November 10-12.

Below is an invitation to the event.  It provides an excellent overview of Slow Money’s activities, which, over the past several years, have catalyzed more than $38 million to 350 small food enterprises via dozens of local networks in the U.S., Canada, France and Switzerland.

This year’s event features Wendell Berry, one of the world’s most respected thought leaders in food and farming, along with a roster that includes too many leaders in food and finance to list here.

I hope you will take a few minutes to review the invitation.  I’ve also attached an event “post card” which provides, at a glance, an overview suitable for sharing.

Hope to see you in Louisville,

Michael Bartner
Vice President | Slow Money
PO Box 333 | York Harbor, ME 03911
Office (207) 361-3427
JOIN US!

Website | Newsletter | Sign the Principles