[Central Coast CA Permaculture] Wed Sept. 30th 2015 - 6:30 pm Toby Hemenway at Jewish Community Center of SLO

Wesley Roe and Santa Barbara Permaculture Network lakinroe at silcom.com
Tue Sep 29 04:46:24 PDT 2015

Toby Hemenway, author of Gaia’s Garden is coming to our area to discuss his new book: The Permaculture City
Wed. Sept. 30at 6:30pm - 9:00pm
Jewish Community Center of SLO
875 Laureate Ln, San Luis Obispo, California 93405

https://www.facebook.com/events/865840993504951
Come get connected to the community of people wanting to create resilient, happy & healthy permaculture Cities!
– 6:30pm at JCC SLO (Jewish Community Center)
(Located off O’Connor Way on Laureate Lane in San Luis Obispo)
$10 donation per person - Donations to help with our demonstration children’s garden Our Global Family at City Farm
Permaculture is more than just the latest buzzword; it offers positive solutions for many of the environmental and social challenges confronting us. And nowhere are those remedies more needed and desired than in our cities.
The Permaculture City provides a new way of thinking about urban living, with practical examples for creating abundant food, energy security, close-knit communities, local and meaningful livelihoods, and sustainable policies in our cities and towns.
The same nature-based approach that works so beautifully for growing food—connecting the pieces of the landscape together in harmonious ways—applies perfectly to many of our other needs.
Toby Hemenway, one of the leading practitioners and teachers of permaculture design, illuminates a new way forward through examples of edge-pushing innovations, along with a deeply holistic conceptual framework for our cities, towns, and suburbs.

FOR MORE INFO ON SPEAKING TOUR. Sept 30-Oct 7 Santa Cruz to San Diego
http://tobyhemenway.com/speaking/

Tuesday, Sept. 29 in Santa Cruz at Namaste Lounge, UCSC. Info here.

Wednesday, Sept. 30 in San Luis Obispo at the Jewish Community Center, 875 Laureate Lane. Info here

Thursday, Oct. 1 in Ojai at the Ojai Valley Grange, 381 Cruzero St. info here

Friday, Oct. 2 in Pasadena at The Shed, 1355 Lincoln Ave. Info here.

Saturday, Oct. 3 in Long Beach. Click here to RSVP and get private location.

Sunday, Oct. 4 in San Diego at 2PM at World Beat Center, 2100 Park Blvd. Info here.

Monday, Oct. 5 in San Juan Capistrano at 6PM at the Ecology Center, 32701 Alipaz St. Info here.

Tuesday, Oct. 6 in Riverside. Riverside Community College Digital Library, 4800 Magnolia Ave. Info here.

Wednesday, Oct. 7 in Los Angeles/Venice at 6PM Kiss the Ground, 681 Venice Blvd. RSVP here.