[Central Coast CA Permaculture] Permaculture Events this week - February 23 - February 27

Teresa Lees treelees at charter.net
Mon Feb 22 12:24:42 PST 2016

We have FOUR events this week...

1.       Yoga on Tuesday February 23 at 5pm

2.       Guild meeting on Tuesday February 23 at 6pm

3.       Movie "Botany of Desire" on Friday February 26 at 7:30pm

4.       Work and Play Day on Saturday February 26 starting at 9:00am

Here are all the details:

Pre Guild Yoga with Paige Wyatt Tuesday February 23 at 5 PM

SLO Grange / Tuesday Farmers' Market - 3pm -6pm

2880 Broad St, San Luis Obispo, California 93401

Come and do yoga with us before our Permaculture Guild meeting. Relax,
stretch, and enjoy the company of great people before we have our potluck
dinner and social & learning event in the SLO Grange. Hope to see you there!

SLO Permaculture Guild Potluck and Presentation Tuesday February 23 at 6pm

SLO Grange Hall Tuesday Farmers' Market at 3pm - 6pm

2880 Broad St, San Luis Obispo, California 93401

Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/SLOPermacultureGuild/

Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/895682213790375/

Facebook invite: https://www.facebook.com/events/1679908528919349/

We'll be hosting our next meeting February 23rd with more potluck and
potlatching for us all to catch up. Followed by hearing about all that has
gone on this month and what is to come next month. Raven will be talking to
us about some basics of permaculture - what it is, what it isn't and how we
USE it in what we do. Then we'll move into how we can use permaculture to
build healthy, sustainable and holistic gardens. We'll discuss how to build
plant guilds, build soil and highlight 5 plants that make a great addition
to any garden. Hope to see you there! :)

Please bring your own tableware and plate. Also bring items you have an
abundance of to share with others. (That is what a "Potlatch" is by the
way.)

Friday: Permie Movie Night At Lavra: The Botany Of Desire

7:30pm at the Lavra Community in Arroyo Grande website:
http://www.thelavra.org/

Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/427603297333635/?fref=ts

Facebook invite: https://www.facebook.com/events/1033457636695392/

The Lavra will be hosting Permie Movie Night every last Friday of the month
at their beautiful home. This month will be a featuring of the documentary
(based on the book), The Botany of Desire. Wonderful popcorn will also be
provided! 2030 East Deer Canyon Road off of Corbett

Saturday: Sobyl Work and Play Party - February 27th starting at 9am

8780 Junipero Avenue in Atascadero

Facebook invite: https://www.facebook.com/events/1679908528919349/
Here is an updated invite to Sobyl's Permie Work and Play party on Saturday
February 27!!!

First: From 9am till 10:30 the lovely and brilliant Amanda Smith will
present: "Save the Food Soil Web; Save the Planet" (Breakfast provided by
Sobiewan)

At 10:30 we will be doing the following projects led by the infamous Permie
Dude Josh Carmichael:
1. Sheet Mulching, Pathways and further planting in the Food forest (Please
bring cardboard!)
2. Planting a KEYHOLE garden
3. Seeding a wildflower meadow around the walnut tree
4. Various little projects to upgrade my Atascadero Food Forest and
Playground

Around 1:30 POTLUCK LUNCH followed by:
Return to work/play followed by some serious partying into the evening and
beyond.

Please Bring: Friends - We want to expand our community
Food and beverages for snacking or for the Lunch: (I will have some beer and
herbal sun teas and homemade Meyer's Lemonade.)
Musical instruments

Folding chairs to sit on

Tools and any seeds you would like to share
I and my little Atascadero Estate thank you for participating and look
forward to more and more gathering as the food forest ripens and will need
ongoing harvesting. Many thanks!!

Sobyl Bunis