[Central Coast CA Permaculture] [Southern California Permaculture] JOSEPH SIMCOX BOTANICAL EXPLORER /Sustainable World Radio

Wesley Roe and Santa Barbara Permaculture Network lakinroe at silcom.com
Thu Mar 17 11:40:20 PDT 2016

http://sustainableworldradio.com/joseph-simcox-botanical-explorer/
JOSEPH SIMCOX, BOTANICAL EXPLORER

Episode 126: Joseph Simcox is a botanical explorer, ethnobotanist, international lecturer, and expert in food plants from around the world. In this free-ranging conversation, Joseph talks about the potential that we have to transform the planet in positive ways, how we can become “Giant Enrichers” acting like the “new earthworms of the planet.”
Joseph shares his knowledge about resilient plants and climate change, the agriculture industrial complex, and how we can re-integrate foodways from the past into our modern food system.
Of course, Joseph also talks about plants, including three that he is really excited about: Manroot, (Ipomoea leptophylla), Prairie Turnips (Pediomelum esculentum), and the Queen of the Night Cactus (Peniocereus greggii).
For more information about Joseph Simcox, http://explorewithjoseph.com/index.html