[Central Coast CA Permaculture] You are invited

Teresa Lees treelees at charter.net
Fri May 13 09:07:52 PDT 2016

Hello All,

A quick email to invite you to a few presentations and gatherings. Please put these dates on your calendar. We also now have an online calendar! SPECIAL NOTE: Our Permaculture Guild meeting is on the 4th Thursday this month. http://slopermaculture.weebly.com/calendar.html

Please note that there is a presentation on seeds TOMORROW at Nipomo Library with Elizabeth Johnson and Timothy Hollingsworth. Also want to acknowledge our local seed saving expert, Elizabeth Johnson. She has tirelessly organized the SLO Seed Savers group which has a demonstration garden at the Grange Hall. They have monthly meetings outside in the seed saving garden on the first Sunday every month at 11am after the Pancake Breakfast. They also meet inside the Grange Hall on the second Tuesday of the month at 6pm. She is also organizing a Seed Library to be housed at Nipomo Library. To join her and others around the vital craft of saving seeds contact her to get on her email group: stteresa at kcbx.net

Facebook invite to SLO Seed Savers meetings:  https://www.facebook.com/events/1027676123992581/

Summer Camps

Also please spread the word on “plant related” summer camps. Flyers are attached.

FARMGIRLS Summer Camp at Our Global Family Farm the week of July 11 – 15

Mediterranean Adventure Camp at SLO Botanical Garden the week of July 18 – 22

Presentation TOMORROW:  "We Have the Seeds Now What!"

Nipomo Library <https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=nipomo+library>

Sat. May 14, 2016

10 am to 12 noon – Timothy Hollingsworth – Getting Started with Seeds in your Garden

1pm – 3pm – Elizabeth Johnson on Basics Seed Saving

Address: 918 W Tefft St, Nipomo, CA 93444

Phone:(805) 929-3994

Wednesday, May 18th – Climate Smart Agriculture presentation at Cal Poly

Cal Poly's Center for Sustainability is hosting a seminar next week, Wednesday May 18th  at 4PM: Climate Smart Agriculture

A seminar on the climate adaptation and mitigation strategies in agriculture that have the power to both increase food security and reduce greenhouse gases
ATL Bldg 007 - Rm. 2 (Keck Foundation Research and Education Center)
Free and open to the public http://www.cfs.calpoly.edu/climate.html

Saturday, May 21st ~ 9AM-2PM

Greywater Installation and Swale Building & Planting at The Lavra Community

Facebook invite: https://www.facebook.com/events/1740926529487330/

Educational Work Party

The Lavra Community in Arroyo Grande

2070 E. Deer Canyon Road

Arroyo Grande, CA 93420

Join us at the Lavra for a hands-on Greywater and Contour Swale Building Workshop on Sat. May 21st. Learn how to tame steep slopes on your land with on-contour swales using simple A-frame levels and hand cutting techniques. We will then be installing a laundry-to-landscape and branch drain type greywater system to irrigate a food forest on the sloped garden area. There to be lots of fun, music, and learning all in an enchanted Oak forest and we will have Coffee,Tea, breakfast snacks and Lunch for all who come to play! Park in the field and walk on the lower driveway (along the farm pens) all the way back to Paige's Yurt.

THURSDAY May 26th ~ 6-8:30PM

Permaculture Guild Meeting: Ecology of Leadership

Facebook invite: https://www.facebook.com/events/1714094095535028/

Presentation and Discussion with James Stark & Special Guest Bill Ostrander

SLO Grange Hall

2880 Broad St

San Luis Obispo, CA 93401

6pm – Potluck

6:30pm – Introduction of Bill Ostrander, Regenerative Rancher and candidate for Congress

7pm – Presentation by James Stark on Ecology of Leadership

James Stark M.A., F.E.S., co-director of the Regenerative Design Institute will be coming to SLO for an intro into his upcoming Ecology of Leadership Program. Like the natural systems and patterns that guide permaculture, James' work now is focused on helping others to lead from the inside out and source their lives from deep nature connection. He believes that creating a loving, peaceful inner world provides the soil for the seeds of our visions to grow in the outer world.

>From the Regenerative Design Institute Website (http://www.regenerativedesign.org/programs/ecology-leadership#.VytajPkrLIU )

Since 2006, Ecology of Leadership (EOL) programs have served hundreds of non-profit leaders, community activists, eco-social entrepreneurs, and other conscious change-makers in deepening their paths of service by manifesting their gifts, visions, and passions in their lives, their organizations, their communities, and the world.

Through experiential, nature and community-based leadership development practices, the Ecology of Leadership program blends inquiry and skill development, self-awareness, and deepened nature connection with principles of systems thinking and permaculture. With the support of a powerful and dynamic circle, you will explore leadership from the inside out, envisioning and stepping into the possibilities you hold for your life and your service path.

Come out and meet our respected elder in this time of the "Great Turning"!

June 11th Presentation:  "Organic Gardening"

Arroyo Grande <https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=arroyo%20grande%20library>  Library

Sat. June 11, 2016 at 2 pm

(Come and Bring Your Questions, Insights and a Friend!)

Address: 800 W Branch St, Arroyo Grande, CA 93420

Phone:(805) 473-7161

Saturday, June 25th ~ 9-Noon

Our Global Family Farm at City Farm

Perennial Farming Community Workshop

Workshop led by Josh Carmichael on how to make farms and gardens to be more perennial and productive and resilient.

Sat. June 25th – Pollination Celebration at SLO Grange Hall 3pm – 7pm

Facebook invite: https://www.facebook.com/events/1179456218744727/

We (the SLO Grange members and friends) will be hosting a celebration of pollination party from 2-6pm. There will be information booths related to farming and food, farmers with produce for sale, activities for children, music, dancing, food, friends and FUN. If you have any ideas or info that you would like to share at this event, please respond to Sue Sunderland 1sun at sbcglobal.net