[Central Coast CA Permaculture] personl invitation to upcoming events

Teresa Lees treelees at charter.net
Tue Jun 21 10:16:47 PDT 2016

Hello Permaculture Community,

You are hereby personally invited to come to any and all of these upcoming events….

Saturday, June 25th – 9AM-12PM

Perennial Farming Community Workshop

Location: Our Global Family Farm at City Farm

1221 Calle Joaquin Road

Drive to cul-de-sac and turn left onto dirt road to wooden pavilion.

Facebook Event: https://www.facebook.com/events/270507833287527/

Workshop led by Josh Carmichael on how to make farms and gardens more perennial and productive and resilient. We will be planting a hedgerow that doubles as a windbreak. We also have sheet mulching to do around the stage area to keep the weeds down. We need your assistance! Please come and be part of creating a community gathering spot out on the farm.

Also want to show appreciation for Randy and Mary Schwalbe of Cambria, who have donated us a picnic table.

Also on Saturday, June 25th – 3PM-7PM

In Celebration of Pollination

Location: SLO Grange Hall, 2880 Broad St., SLO in the back grove

Facebook Event: https://www.facebook.com/CelebratePollination/?fref=nf

We (the SLO Grange members and friends) will be hosting a celebration of pollination party from 2-6pm. There will be information booths related to farming and food, farmers with produce for sale, activities for children, face painting, music, dancing, BBQ food, friends and FUN. If you have any ideas or info that you would like to share at this event, please respond to Sue Sunderland 1sun at sbcglobal.net

June 28th – 6PM-8:30PM

Permaculture Guild Meeting:

Eat, Drink and be Merry & the 8 Shields Leadership and Organization Model

SLO Grange Hall. 2880 Broad St, SLO

Potluck 6PM

Facebook Invite: https://www.facebook.com/events/277276465954017/

Join us for a discussion on the 8 Shields format of organization and how we can create a coherent and strong leadership group along with committees within the 8 positions. We also have a slideshow to share for our recent projects and discuss upcoming projects. Interested in being a part of the guild and want to contribute more towards our growth and mission? Just want to learn more about what we are up to? Please come be part of the Permaculture Community.

July 10th Sunday at 10am

Tour of Erastz Homestead in Templeton

451 Las Tablas Road – East of Highway 101

10am – 12noon - $5 donation for the “tip jar” for our host: Wendy Kim

Wendy has created a mini farm in her backyard and she is hosting a field trip for those who would like to see what she has created. She will share her design steps she has undertaken in the past five years and what her plans are for the next five years. It is a beautiful example of what one woman can do to create a permaculture paradise right at home, complete with fruit trees, vegetables, goats, chickens, berries, grey water, drip irrigation, and a tortoise! (And a five year old child:-). Wendy has been helping with the drip irrigation at Our Global Family Farm. Please welcome her into our Permaculture Family.

Please RSVP with Wendy at Wendyleighkim at gmail.com

July 12th – 15th

FARMGIRLS Summer Camp

8am – 12noon (four hours)

For girls ages 8 - 16

$125 per registration

Registration link: http://www.permaculture.us.com/farmgirls/farmgirls-summer-camp

Location: Our Global Family Farm at City Farm

1221 Calle Joaquin Road

Drive to cul-de-sac and turn left onto dirt road to wooden pavilion.

Our unique camp engages girls in:

 Farm Work – planting, watering, weeding, harvesting

 Playtime – singing, dancing, drama, skits, music making

 Arts & Crafts – sculptures, painting, floral arranging

 Nature Connection – circle way, hikes, cooperative games

 Food Preparation – chopping veggies for salads & snacks

Please spread the word that registration goes until June 30th. We still have spots left for girls ages 8 – 16. We need your help in getting the word out. Please share with families you know and share the JPG on Facebook. Thanks so much.

For more information contact Teresa “Tree” Lees at treelees at charter.net

FARMGIRLS Summer Camp is team taught by two women Permaculturalists, Teresa “Tree” Lees and Raven Venturelli. Both are active on the leadership team of the local SLO Permaculture Guild.  It is Girl Power for our Future Food System that will become Regenerative, Healthy, Local, and Resilient. Guest speakers include women farmers such as the farm manager of City Farm Nicki Anderson and assistant farm manager of City Farm Dena Paolilli, sustainable livestock farmer Sarah Jean of Bee Wench Farms, Christine Heinrichs the “Chicken Lady, Ashley Gable of SLO Creek Farms and flower farmer Courtney Mellblom.

Guest chefs include Terri Knowlton of the Wellness Kitchen, Lisa Paniaqua of the UCCE CalFresh Program, and Courtney Coleman of Cookwell with Courtney.

August 26th-28th

Festival of Fruit put on by CA Rare Fruit Growers

Registration: http://festivaloffruit.org/festival-registration/

Are you looking forward to the 2016 Festival Fruit? We are! The Central Coast chapter of the California Rare Fruit Growers has organized an educational and fun festival that will take place this summer in San Luis Obispo, California. Be sure to register by August 8 to get the early bird discount and, when you register, don't forget additional items such as meal tickets, parking passes, and logo gear.

Teresa Tree Lees