[Central Coast CA Permaculture] Attending Bioneers this year?/Visit our Exhibit Booth

Margie Bushman, Santa Barbara Permaculture Network sbpcnet at silcom.com
Thu Oct 20 10:28:12 PDT 2016

We are off to Bioneers!  Always a good place to be during stressful
times, has inspired and calmed our minds many times in the past...

If you are also coming to Bioneers look for us in the outdoor Change
Makers Fair section where we will have an exhibit booth promoting the
& the Friends of the International Permaculture Convergences (FIPC)
whose mission is to help with scholarships for the IPCs.

What is the theme for the next IPC in India?  Women As Agents of
Change & Permaculture as a Social Responsibility. Aranya Agricultural
Alternatives are the official conveners for this IPC, take a look at
their website to see their exemplary work, 2017 will be their 30th
Anniversary of permaculture in India, much of their work around
marginal farmers, and women.  They demonstrate a Dryland Food Forest
on their site, one of the only non irrigated food forests in the
world.  India, as California, faces huge issues around water, they
also have a booming population.  Time to learn from each other, as
happens so significantly at these IPC convergences.

Aranya: http://permacultureindia.org/permaculture-projects/
IPC India 2017: http://ipcindia2017.org/

We will also be participating in a World-Cafe style dialogue for
Permaculturists at the Bioneers Conference on Saturday October 22nd
from 4:30-6:00pm, conducted by David Shaw:
California has one of the world's most active permaculture
communities. Come connect with permies and projects, continue the
conversation from permaculture sessions at the conference and learn
exciting news from the National and CA Permaculture Convergence last
month. With: David Shaw, Santa Cruz Permaculture & UCSC Common Ground
Center; Dana Pearlman, The Lotus; Amy Lenzo, weDialogue; Margie
Bushman & Wes Roe, and other Special Guests TBA.

Bioneers:
http://conference.bioneers.org/

Santa Babara Permaculture Network Logo

(805) 962-2571