[Central Coast CA Permaculture] We need permaculture now more than ever

Teresa Lees treelees at charter.net
Sat Nov 12 07:51:13 PST 2016

Greetings for November 2016,

The SLO Permaculture Guild newsletter for November is attached. We have an
event on November 30th at Bliss Café called Healing Inner and Outer Gardens.
Come at 6pm to eat at Bliss and the free program starts at 7pm. Look at the
newsletter for more information. Our next event will be on Soil Building at
our Quarterly program on January 24, 2017.

We need permaculture NOW more than ever. Our current culture and political
systems are assaulting  all three of our permaculture ethics – People Care,
Fair Share, & Earth Care.

*	Care for People (Social) - Trump will eliminate the Affordable Care
Act, throwing millions of Americans off of their healthcare and destroying
all of the progress that the ACA has achieved;
*	Fair Share (Economy) - Trump will deregulate Wall Street banks by
repealing Dodd Frank and letting them continue the very same disastrous
policies that led to the 2008 crash;
*	Care for the Planet (Environment) - Trump doesn’t believe in climate
change and will not only fail to address the crisis (e.g. the Paris Climate
Accords are essentially dead), but will actively make it worse by
deregulating polluters and pushing more carbon energy consumption (e.g.
increasing fracking).

And we could add a fourth ethic - “Care for our Culture” (Multicultural) We
need to honor the cultures of all Indigenous Peoples, of all races and
creeds, and to pass on a cultural legacy for the next generation that shows
care for all of humanity.

Stop the Dakota Access Pipeline once and for all - #NoDAPL

Petition by
<http://petitions.moveon.org/contact_creator.html?petition_id=114153>
Standing Rock Sioux Chairman David Archambault II

To be delivered to President Barack Obama

Reject the Dakota Access Pipeline pipeline and declare this land a cultural
district, eligible for listing on the National Register of Historic Places,
to ensure its protection.

There are currently 376,629 signatures. NEW goal - We need 400,000
signatures!

http://petitions.moveon.org/sign/no-dapl?source=s.fb
<http://petitions.moveon.org/sign/no-dapl?source=s.fb&r_by=1673333>
&r_by=1673333

So, the “Problem is the Solution” and therefore, now more than ever, we need
permaculture solutions on the Social front, Economic front and Environmental
as well as Culturally. We all need to live these ethics, promote these
ethics, teach these ethics and hold our governmental leaders to these
ethics.

The world needs the solutions and ethics that permaculture provides, as
permaculture looks at all of these considerations when planning, designing
and deciding how our society functions for the benefit of all species and
for all future generations.

So what are you doing to start using permaculture in your life? Attached is
a list of Six Goals to Start Permaculture. Add to the list. We don’t all
have to follow the same pattern or recipe, but each of us can take steps
towards having more permaculture ethics and practices in our daily living.
Our SLO Permaculture Guild November newsletter is also attached.

This election is a great opportunity for us each to step into our personal
power and stop waiting for others to fix things. The task falls squarely on
each of us individually and that is within the nexus of our control.

The question to ask is: "What can I be doing to be in my highest expression
and bring the greatest good to the world?"

SLO Permaculture Guild