[Central Coast CA Permaculture] FW: San Luis Obispo's 1st Annual Village Building Convergence Campaign

Teresa Lees treelees at charter.net
Sat Jan 21 15:40:04 PST 2017

Exciting News!!! We are organizing the first VBC in SLO this spring. Come join the effort to create more “villages” out of our neighborhoods. You can organize events in your own neighborhoods too!!!

It was so exciting today to see people “talking to the streets” all over this country and the world to stand up for our civil rights, human rights, indigenous rights, women’s rights, multicultural & religious freedom and for the rights of nature to flourish! Together we will create a just and sustainable future!!!

Please help us raise funds and raise the people power to make the 1st Annual Village Building Convergence happen in here SLO, March 30 – April 2nd. This is an event co-organized by Blooming Biodiversity Permaculture Tours, City Repair SLO, and the SLO Permaculture Guild. See more below….

San Luis Obispo's 1st Annual Village Building Convergence Crowdfunding Campaign

 <http://us13.campaign-archive2.com/?u=d86a6d60323e9242f09e50303&id=bd9c4ba17f&e=716be48551> View this email in your browser

  <https://gallery.mailchimp.com/d86a6d60323e9242f09e50303/_compresseds/b67b20f2-0805-4111-8ec3-0177c15bd7a3.jpg>

Dear Community,

Help us actualize San Luis Obispo's 1st Annual Village Building Convergence!

 <http://BloomingBiodiversity.us13.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=d86a6d60323e9242f09e50303&id=ce3fc1cb02&e=716be48551> Our Crowdfunding Campaign: https://igg.me/at/O8q9qAuzL6c

In light of this inauguration, there's no time more critical than now to join together in community to build the village! So with deep gratitude, we present to you: San Luis Obispo's 1st Annual Village Building Convergence (SLO VBC), co-organized by Blooming Biodiversity Permaculture Tours, City Repair SLO, and the SLO Permaculture Guild! To make this happen, we need the village to come together and support our campaign!

Please share this campaign, contribute what you can, and mark your calendars for the SLO VBC!

San Luis Obispo's 1st Annual Village Building Convergence (SLO VBC) is co-organized by Blooming Biodiversity Permaculture Tours, City Repair SLO, and the SLO Permaculture Guild!

Get ready for a phenomenal all-ages community building convergence filled with neighborhood-improving gardening and natural building projects, live music, street murals, and so much more!

The SLO VBC is a 4 day convergence consisting of neighborhood-based urban permaculture (organic agriculture & holistic community building) projects by day, and evening festivities that showcase local talent in the arts, and local projects and people who are helping to improve our ecological and societal infrastructure.

By Donating to this Campaign, you are helping to build a more sustainable, regenerative, and resilient San Luis Obispo, where neighbors know each other, people help each other, and the neighborhoods are beautified and safe. This project branches from the Portland Village Building Convergence, which began 17 years ago, and has spread to other cities such as Santa Barbara, Sebastopol, Olympia, and Nevada City. Portland has completely transformed it's infrastructure, making it one of the most vibrant, creative, and safe cities in the world. San Luis Obispo is already a beautiful city, and has this potential to further beautify and harmonize. The time is ripe for us to participate in the co-creation of a thriving SLO.

Each day of the convergence, neighbors and visiting friends will come together to create community spaces that feature public art, permaculture gardens, and natural building projects. Participation in these daytime events are free for everyone!

This is a process we call "place-making," turning physical "spaces" into community gathering "places.” In these beautiful places, the community is empowered to share their gifts, and to laugh, talk and create. These transformed neighborhoods can include features such as: street murals, community gardens, little-free-libraries, free poetry stands, community event and message boards, outdoor tea/coffee station, cob benches, safe children’s play areas, and other creative projects envisioned by neighbors.

In the evening, we come together for an inspiring conference, community gathering, and incredible music in the style of a mini-festival. These evenings begin with a community dinner at 6pm, workshops at 7pm and music at 8pm. The tickets for these evening events are affordable and help to support our place-making and community-building service work.

The SLO City Repair mission statement: "To recreate our village centers and reconnect with our neighbors. To create neighborhood groups whose mission is to improve the "Health and Happiness" of the neighborhood. To inspire our humanity by creating living art in our streets and reclaiming our commons.” -Roberto Monge

 <http://BloomingBiodiversity.us13.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=d86a6d60323e9242f09e50303&id=2954cebe3d&e=716be48551> Our Crowdfunding Campaign: https://igg.me/at/O8q9qAuzL6c

All funds will go directly towards:

*	Materials for building Urban Community Gardens and Herb Spirals ($600)
*	Materials for painting street murals ($1,000)
*	Materials for building Little-Free-Libraries, Free Poetry Stands and Community Event/Message Boards ($500)
*	Special Event Permits and Street-Closure Block Party Permits & Materials ($900 for 3 sites)
*	Flying in Mark Lakeman, the founder of City Repair and the Village Building Convergence, and his team (funds allowing) from Portland, to present and co-facilitate this convergence ($1,000).
*	Musicians & Sound Equipment ($500)
*	Photography/Videography/Drone Footage ($800)
*	 Promotion, Fliers ($200)

Stretch Goal: Extra funds beyond our goal will go towards flying in more of the Portland City Repair team, and more building materials.

1st Annual San Luis Obispo VBC Schedule:

Thurs 3/30: Gathering The Villagers

Afternoon: Yoga, Live Music and Community Building at the Mission Plaza, 3-6pm

Evening: Bliss Cafe VBC Launch (Dinner, Music, Talks) 6-10pm

Fri 3/31: Palm Street

Morning: "Food Not Lawns" Community Garden Building with Potluck & Live Music 9:30am -4pm

Evening: Guild Hall (Dinner, Live Music, Workshops, Talks) 5:30pm - 8pm

Sat 4/1: Luneta Drive

Daytime: Street Mural, Little Free Library Building, Live Music 9:30am - 4pm

Evening: Guild Hall (Dinner, Live Music, Workshops, Talks) 5:30pm - 8pm

Sun 4/2: Morro Street / Bill Roalman Bike Boulevard

Daytime: Street planter boxes, Side-yard Garden & street mural, 9:30am - 4pm

Evening: Guild Hall (Dinner, Live Music, Workshops, Talks) 5:30pm - 8pm

Post-VBC Permaculture Events:

Monday 4/3: Herbal Workshops at Branch Mill Organics

Tuesday 4/4: City Farm Outdoor Kitchen Build

3:30-6:30pm Work party at the SLO City Farm!

Wednesday 4/5: Student Experimental Farm - Cal Poly

Wednesday Evening: Craft Night & Wizard Wednesday

Saturday 4/15: Earth Day at Branch Mill Organics - Arroyo Grande

Earth Day celebration with live music, vendors, activities, yoga, massage, organic food, etc.

Get Involved!

Would you like to offer your permaculture skills, a workshop, live/electronic music, live painting, yoga, or anything else to this convergence? Contact us at solutionaryproductions at gmail.com

Blooming Biodiversity Permaculture:

 <http://BloomingBiodiversity.us13.list-manage.com/track/click?u=d86a6d60323e9242f09e50303&id=583cf29a9a&e=716be48551> www.BloomingBiodiversity.org

Examples of Street Murals:

 <http://BloomingBiodiversity.us13.list-manage.com/track/click?u=d86a6d60323e9242f09e50303&id=d3bc4ddaa7&e=716be48551> www.cityrepair.org/street-painting-examples/

For more information about the Village Building Convergence, visit  <http://BloomingBiodiversity.us13.list-manage.com/track/click?u=d86a6d60323e9242f09e50303&id=fb4fd58161&e=716be48551> www.VillageBuildingConvergence.com

For more information about The City Repair Project, visit  <http://BloomingBiodiversity.us13.list-manage.com/track/click?u=d86a6d60323e9242f09e50303&id=35246efdea&e=716be48551> www.CityRepair.org

 <http://BloomingBiodiversity.us13.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=d86a6d60323e9242f09e50303&id=61d13fa081&e=716be48551> Help actualize this dream by donating to our
Crowdfunding Campaign: https://igg.me/at/O8q9qAuzL6c

  <https://gallery.mailchimp.com/d86a6d60323e9242f09e50303/images/fbf31ad4-0cd7-4e6c-bfc8-c7e443393517.png>

 <http://BloomingBiodiversity.us13.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=d86a6d60323e9242f09e50303&id=ea4c7e6f8a&e=716be48551>

  <https://cdn-images.mailchimp.com/icons/social-block-v2/color-link-48.png>

 <mailto:solutionaryproductions at gmail.com>

 <http://BloomingBiodiversity.us13.list-manage.com/track/click?u=d86a6d60323e9242f09e50303&id=5e01cf8d74&e=716be48551>

Our mailing address is:
solutionaryproductions at gmail.com

You can  <http://BloomingBiodiversity.us13.list-manage1.com/profile?u=d86a6d60323e9242f09e50303&id=567a89a008&e=716be48551> update your preferences or  <http://BloomingBiodiversity.us13.list-manage.com/unsubscribe?u=d86a6d60323e9242f09e50303&id=567a89a008&e=716be48551&c=bd9c4ba17f> unsubscribe from this list

This email was sent to treelees at charter.net
 <http://BloomingBiodiversity.us13.list-manage.com/about?u=d86a6d60323e9242f09e50303&id=567a89a008&e=716be48551&c=bd9c4ba17f> why did I get this?    unsubscribe from this list <http://BloomingBiodiversity.us13.list-manage.com/unsubscribe?u=d86a6d60323e9242f09e50303&id=567a89a008&e=716be48551&c=bd9c4ba17f>     update subscription preferences <http://BloomingBiodiversity.us13.list-manage1.com/profile?u=d86a6d60323e9242f09e50303&id=567a89a008&e=716be48551>
Blooming Biodiversity · 1030 Bluebell Way · San Luis Obispo, CA 93401 · USA

 <http://www.mailchimp.com/monkey-rewards/?utm_source=freemium_newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=monkey_rewards&aid=d86a6d60323e9242f09e50303&afl=1> Email Marketing Powered by MailChimp

  <http://BloomingBiodiversity.us13.list-manage.com/track/open.php?u=d86a6d60323e9242f09e50303&id=bd9c4ba17f&e=716be48551>