[Central Coast CA Permaculture] reminders of upcoming permaculture events

Teresa Lees treelees at charter.net
Tue Mar 14 09:37:25 PDT 2017

Hello Folks,

Please put these dates on your calendar for upcoming local permaculture
events and find details below.

Saturday March 18th – LOVE SLO 9am – 12noon at City Farm & also Laguna Lake
Community Garden

Saturday March 18th – Community Creation gathering at Wildwand Tea 5pm – 8pm
in Atascadero

Saturday March 25th – SLO Seed Savers Workshop in Nipomo

Monday March 27th – Mark Lakeman speaking at City Library 5:15pm

Thursday March 30th – Kickoff event at Bliss Café for our SLO Village
Building Convergence

March 31st – April 2nd – SLO Village Building Convergence at various spots
in the day with gatherings in the evenings at the Masonic Lodge on Marsh
Street

April 15th – Earth Day at Branch Mill Organic Farm

April 21st – Dr. Elaine Ingham here to present on the Soil Food Web

April 22nd – Earth Day & Music Festival at El Chorro Regional Park

April 25th – SLO Permaculture Guild Quarterly Program at SLO Guild Hall 6pm

May 20th – Raise the Solar Roof for the SLO Guild Hall Fundraiser

Now for the details
.

Saturday March 18th – LOVE SLO 9am – 12noon at City Farm & also Laguna Lake
Community Garden

Show some love for our local permaculture garden projects by volunteering.
One site is the City Farm Spring Beautification and the other is Build a
Recycled Water Community Garden. We have the land, now we need people to
tend the land. We've been building the soil, now we prep the soil for
planting. Come lend a hand as there has been lots of storm damage to repair
and soil to dig and pathways to mend. You can sign up online here:
http://loveourcitiesprojects.com/projects/san-luis-obispo

Or you can just show up! See attached flyer for more events at Our Global
Family Farm.

Saturday March 18th – Community Creation gathering at Wildwand Tea 5pm – 8pm
in Atascadero

Zachariah Stillwater and others are feeling inspired to see 2017 unfold in a
way that allows people to build community on a piece of land to live
together in a sustainable way. The group has made a list of values and
desires, now is the time to form an organization and get the word out. There
is possible land in SLO that can be used to create a co-op housing space on
120 acres.  This is what will be explored together at the next meeting on
March 18th. Contact Zachariah zachariahstillwater at gmail.com

Saturday March 25th – SLO Seed Savers Workshop in Nipomo

Nipomo Mesa with Cindy Jelinek, 1pm – 3pm - $15.00

Topic: Planning your garden for seedsaving: planting example bed.

Cindy is a long-time member of Seed Savers Exchange, president of Nipomo
Native Garden, and self-sustaining gardener who always has new bean seeds to
try every year.

For information & registration

email Elizabeth Johnson at stteresa at kcbx.net

(tel) 805-543-5364

www.facebook.com/sloseedexchange

Monday March 27th – Mark Lakeman speaking at City Library 5:15pm

“Building Small, Living Large”

Mark Lakeman from Portland’s City Repair will provide an overview
presentation on exciting, low cost and high impact solutions to
homelessness.  This visual presentation would describe a range of issues,
challenges, and numerous successful models based on affordable tiny-house
based projects that are happening now in increasing numbers of cities and
towns across North America. A brief chronology will be presented, from
founding ideas to most up to date models, including the highly popular
"Argyle Village," Portland's newest self-help tiny house village for women."
Hope to see you there!

Thursday March 30th – Launch of SLO Village Building Convergence at Bliss
Café

Gathering The Villagers with Blooming Biodiversity

Evening: Bliss Cafe VBC Launch (Music, Talks) 6-10pm

March 31st – April 2nd – SLO Village Building Convergence at various spots
in the day with gatherings in the evenings at the Masonic Lodge on Marsh
Street - https://cityrepairslo.org/2017/02/12/vbc/

Fri 3/31: Palm Street Neighborhood

Morning: Community Garden Building 9:30am – 5pm

Evening: SLO Masonic Lodge (Music, Workshops, Talks) 5:30pm – 8pm

Sat 4/1: Cerro San Luis Foothilll

Daytime: Street Mural, Free Library Building, Music 9:30am – 5pm

Evening: SLO Masonic Lodge (Music, Workshops, Talks) 5:30pm – 8pm

Sun 4/2: Morro Street / Bill Roalman Bike Boulevard

Daytime: Street planter boxes & street mural, 9:30am – 5pm

Evening:SLO Masonic Lodge(Music, Workshops, Talks) 5:30pm – 8pm

April 15th – Earth Day at Branch Mill Organic Farm

http://branchmillorganics.com/earth-day-fair-funraiser/

April 21st – Dr. Elaine Ingham here to present on the Soil Food Web

Healthy Foodwebs, Healthy Soils with Elaine Ingham in Morro Bay

Elaine has a user-friendly approach to understanding soil health that is
grounded in years of research into the organisms that make up the soil
foodweb. She is internationally known for her work, which provides insights
into problems facing many types of growers. CEUs are available. Early bird
registration has been extended through March 31st! Information and
registration at: www.soilfoodwebworkshop.eventbrite.com

April 22nd – Earth Day & Music Festival at El Chorro Regional Park

http://earthdayalliance.com/

April 25th – SLO Permaculture Guild Quarterly Program at SLO Guild Hall 6pm

Come to the SLO Guild Hall to see the latest on the Rain Garden installation
in the parking lot and back lot. 6pm potluck in the garden. The SLO Guild
Hall is becoming a great community meeting center!!!

May 20th – Raise the Solar Roof for the SLO Guild Hall Fundraiser 12noon –
10pm

Music galore and dance troupes all day long, family friendly event to get
the community support necessary to raise the funds to install solar panels
on the roof of the SLO Guild Hall.

Tickets available at http://RaiseTheSolarRoof.BrownPaperTickets.com

Please spread the word!!!