[Central Coast CA Permaculture] EARTH DAY 2017

Margie Bushman, Santa Barbara Permaculture Network sbpcnet at silcom.com
Wed Apr 19 23:54:33 PDT 2017

We know you have your own SLO Earth Day celebration, but just in case you
happen to come to Santa Barbara this weekend.

CEC'S SANTA BARBARA EARTH DAY FESTIVAL

Hi Everyone -   it's Earth Day again!

Santa Barbara Permaculture Network will be in a new location this year,
look for us in the Public Square section, space #334,  on  the West side of
Alameda Park.  Please stop by, we will have extra chairs & table if you want
to visit, rest awhile, eat your lunch, relax into the fun of Earth Day.

We are excited Paul Hawkins will be a big part of Earth Day celebrations
this year, as he specifically talks about permaculture climate solutions in
his Drawdown project & book.  He will be  honored on Saturday at 2pm on the
Main Stage, as the Environmental Hero for 2017.  The  CEC is also a
co-sponsor for his talk Saturday night at UCSB Campbell Hall - Drawdown: The
Most Comprehensive Plan Ever Proposed to Reverse Global Warming.  Yes, let's
start talking about solutions!

Don't forget to put on your calendars our upcoming Carbon Farming Solution
event with Eric Toensmeier on Sunday April 30th, on the SBCC campus, for
more info visit: www.sbpermaculture.org.  Eric is a senior fellow on the
Drawdown Project with Paul Hawkins, with a strong background in
Permaculture.

We will also be launching a Crowd Fund soon for IPC India, the global
Permaculture Convergence that happens every two years, a different region &
country each time.  We are happy & excited to be going to India as they
celebrate their 30th anniversary of Permaculture in India.  One of the main
themes for IPC India is Women As Agents of Change.

To get things started, we will have a Crowd Fund donation jar on our table
at Earth Day, maybe you want to contribute $5, $10, $20!  To get some of the
most talented & innovative Permaculture designers & thinkers, who because
they are many times coming from remote, sometimes very poor regions, cannot
get there without scholarship assistance.   It is extraordinary how many
times Permaculture is mentioned now in mainstream press around the world, as
being adopted as a strategy for some of the dire circumstances that
countries everywhere are facing.  Much of what was hatched, started in
brainstorming sessions at these international convergences.

See you at Earth Day,  as you know, it is one of our favorite festivals of
the year.   Thanks & gratitude to CEC for sponsoring all these years.

Earth Day 2017

 Sponsored by the Community Environmental Council (CEC):

   <http://www.sbearthday.org/> http://www.sbearthday.org/

Additional info & schedules for music, speakers, & kids activities also
listed in this week's SB Independent

When: Saturday, April 22 from 11 am - 7 pm
            Sunday, April 23 from 11 am - 6 pm

Where: Alameda Park, Santa Barbara, CA

Santa Babara Permaculture Network Logo
(805) 962-2571