[Central Coast CA Permaculture] rain & the sapote tree

Margie Bushman, Santa Barbara Permaculture Network sbpcnet at silcom.com
Sun May 7 08:28:39 PDT 2017

It's raining!

The little tree we planted in celebration of  Bill Mollison's  life
yesterday at the SBCC Lifescape garden will be happy.

When did the rain explain "drink" to the earth,

And the earth explain "grow" to the seed?

There's more, a poem by Pahvi Mehta,  but that is enough for the miracle of
the little tree and the rain today

When Bill Mollison died last year on September 24, 2016,  his family
reminded all of his wish and wit with his statement of "trees eat us all in
the end, "plant one for me when I'm gone" --- it took us a while but we did.
A beautiful White Sapote, grown from seed,  that will survive with just what
rain our climate has to offer, you can see it in the left hand side of the
garden as you face the ocean,  between a banana & citrus tree, near the
fence & parking.  That Lifescape garden is beautiful!  You can walk up from
the beach & harbor area, make it a daily walk as many do.

What if all did that, requested a tree planted for a birthday, for a new
child born, a graduation, in our  memory  when done with this life, live on
in a tree, we'd have a forest!  Bill's wish.

Trees Eat Us All in the End: A Tribute to Bill Mollison (1928-2016)

Tribute to Bill Mollison by Charley Mgee of Formidable Vegetable Sound
System Band

 <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MN_Texj9CD4>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MN_Texj9CD4

Santa Babara Permaculture Network Logo