[Central Coast CA Permaculture] Sun May 6/Celebrate International Permaculture Day in Santa Barbara/2-5pm

Margie Bushman, Santa Barbara Permaculture Network sbpcnet at silcom.com
Wed May 2 13:40:05 PDT 2018

In case you are in the Santa Barbara area next weekend…

More…

Please join us for the 2018 International Permaculture Day in Santa Barbara, CA.   We will celebrate by sharing our recent experiences at the International Permaculture Conference & Convergence (IPC) in India, what could be more appropriate?

Over 1000 participants from more than 65 countries attended. Once again we had a chance to experience another culture in a way seldom experienced with ordinary tourist travel. We will give a short talk, show an IPC India video, with time for questions, then go outdoors to picnic on the lawn with Indian themed appetizers.

Our hosts for IPC India, Padma & Narsanna Koppula of Aranya Agricultural Alternatives, did a magnificent job bringing attendees & speakers from all parts of India, including women farmers, who were kind of rock stars at the event!   Women as Agents of Change, one of the major subthemes for the IPC event,  so beautifully demonstrated by the women village farmers working with Aranya Agriculture Alternatives on their demonstration farm - Aranya’s mission for over 20 years.

Our other heroes, a team of volunteers who came from around the world to help with IPC India, some staying for an entire year.

Learn about the grassroots permaculture global community crowdfund that helped raise $10,000 for attendees that wouldn’t have been able to come otherwise, organized by the Friends of the International Permaculture Convergences (FIPC).

This IPC event had special meaning, as it was the 30th Anniversary of Permaculture arriving in India with Bill Mollison & Robyn Francis in 1987.

We will also talk briefly about the next IPC in Argentina in 2020, at a gorgeous site near Iguazu Falls National Park, a UNESCO Heritage site. (Time to start practicing our Spanish now!)

This will be both an indoor & outdoor event at the South Coast Watershed Center at the Arroyo Burro County Park (Hendry’s), on Sunday, May 6, from 2-5pm, no reservation needed. Bring your brown bag lunch or favorite Indian potluck if you have one (Indian themed appetizers & drinks provided) for an informal picnic outdoors. Children welcome!

Hope you can join us – Margie Bushman & Wes Roe, Santa Barbara Permaculture Network

More info at:  www.sbpermaculture.org <http://www.sbpermaculture.org> ; or margie at sbpermaculture.org <mailto:margie at sbpermaculture.org>