[Central Coast CA Permaculture] Fwd: City Farm SLO July 2018 Newsletter

Teresa Lees joyfilledplanet at gmail.com
Fri Jul 6 17:02:11 PDT 2018

*Hello Permaculture People,*

Here are some events to get together for in July and August. Scroll down
for more information and to view the newsletter from Central Coast Grown's
City Farm:

Tomorrow, Saturday July 7th – the movie WASTED! – The Story of Food Waste
7pm at the Atascadero Ag Hall – Social Hour at 6pm

Saturday July 14th – work party at City Farm 9am – 12noon, 1221 Calle
Joaquin Road in SLO
Saturday August 11th - work party at City Farm 9am - 12noon, 1221 Calle
Joaquin Road in SLO

August 28 – 30th – training with Al Gore to be part of the Climate Reality
Leadership Corp in Los Angeles

Apply by July 11th - https://www.climaterealityproject.org/training

The training will be held August 28-30 in Los Angeles, California. To
become a member of the Climate Reality Leadership Corps, you must apply and
be accepted to attend one of our trainings with our chairman and founder,
former US Vice President Al Gore.

*NEW! Garden Plots available at Our Global Family Village*
Teresa Tree Lees is offering families plots of land to garden together at
City Farm in the 'village.' No cost to you to garden. There is room for
several families to have a patch of ground to call their own. Please email
her at treelees at charter.net to get set up. Great opportunity for people who
don't have any garden space at home.

*WASTED!*

*The Story of Food Waste*

and conversation and Q&A

& food bites from 6-7pm

*Saturday, July 7, 2018  •  7pm at the*

*Atascadero Agriculture Hall, 5035 Palm Ave.*

[image: WASTED AtascJuly7 2]

WASTED! The Story of Food Waste. Anthony Bourdain
<https://dmanalytics2.com/click?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2FAnthonyBourdain%2F%3Ffref%3Dmentions&i=2&d=lmU6tVSSSIGUJbKdkfhXxA&e=treelees%40charter.net&a=azCrr4V1T4K6frTHwW_7nw>,
Mario Batali, Dan Barber, Massimo Bottura - Osteria Francescana
<https://dmanalytics2.com/click?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2FMassimoBotturaOsteriaFrancescana%2F%3Ffref%3Dmentions&i=3&d=lmU6tVSSSIGUJbKdkfhXxA&e=treelees%40charter.net&a=azCrr4V1T4K6frTHwW_7nw>,
Mission Chinese Food
<https://dmanalytics2.com/click?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2FMission-Chinese-Food-103449306388857%2F%3Ffref%3Dmentions&i=4&d=lmU6tVSSSIGUJbKdkfhXxA&e=treelees%40charter.net&a=azCrr4V1T4K6frTHwW_7nw>'s
Danny Bowien, and world-famous chefs reimagine the future of food, and in
the process, create delicious and sustainable solutions. #RethinkFood

The way we treat food effects everything, from the climate to the global
fight against hunger.

"Food waste is a glaring measure of inequality. In poor countries, most of
the food waste is on the farm or on its way to market... Very little food
in poor countries is thrown out by consumers. It’s too precious.

But in wealthy countries, especially in the United States and Canada,
around 40 percent of wasted food is thrown out by consumers."

*A pre-movie mixer will happen between 6 and 7pm! movie starts at 7pm*

A portion of the proceeds will go to the Lighthouse Foundation in
Atascadero....

*Facebook Invite Page*:

https://www.facebook.com/events/632337263802530/
<https://dmanalytics2.com/click?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fevents%2F632337263802530%2F&i=5&d=lmU6tVSSSIGUJbKdkfhXxA&e=treelees%40charter.net&a=azCrr4V1T4K6frTHwW_7nw>