[Central Coast CA Permaculture] FW: Now’s the Time to Come Together and to "Stand Up in September"

Teresa Lees treelees at charter.net
Mon Aug 6 08:56:04 PDT 2018

Hello Permaculture Community,

Now is the time to come together as a community and support the earth and each other. Listed here below are some ways to do that.

Also, posted below is an invite from the Pachamama Alliance to “Stand Up in September” together and be in action to bring forth an environmentally sustainable, spiritually fulfilling, socially just human presence on this planet.

August 10 – Where There Was Once Water movie showing and fundraising party 5pm – 10pm at SLO Guild Hall (Fundraiser flyer is attached.)
We will be asking for a $10 donation at the door for this family-friendly event. The evening will include photo-ops with animals from Zoo to You (including Spike the Alligator!), free wine tasting from  <https://appsphotography.us11.list-manage.com/track/click?u=5a92ef558b5a0d8a746eacf35&id=0e8b041467&e=dc60906eb9> Tablas Creek and Jada, an Art Show and Silent Auction, Live Music from  <https://appsphotography.us11.list-manage.com/track/click?u=5a92ef558b5a0d8a746eacf35&id=ac0d96aae5&e=dc60906eb9> Cafe Musique, Food for purchase from  <https://appsphotography.us11.list-manage.com/track/click?u=5a92ef558b5a0d8a746eacf35&id=4b836f779f&e=dc60906eb9> Haute Skillet (yum!), light appetizers from  <https://appsphotography.us11.list-manage.com/track/click?u=5a92ef558b5a0d8a746eacf35&id=e286e31b64&e=dc60906eb9> Nature's Touch Nursery & Harvest, educational opportunities with Florencia Ramirez (author of  <https://appsphotography.us11.list-manage.com/track/click?u=5a92ef558b5a0d8a746eacf35&id=242da67e8f&e=dc60906eb9> Eat Less Water, so cool) and  <https://appsphotography.us11.list-manage.com/track/click?u=5a92ef558b5a0d8a746eacf35&id=215baf679b&e=dc60906eb9> Zoo To You!  We'll cap the evening off with a rough-draft feedback-screening of the 100 minute  <https://appsphotography.us11.list-manage.com/track/click?u=5a92ef558b5a0d8a746eacf35&id=b021f7ce4f&e=dc60906eb9> film. We can't wait to see you there!

 Find out MORE & RSVP  <https://appsphotography.us11.list-manage.com/track/click?u=5a92ef558b5a0d8a746eacf35&id=15f3e46580&e=dc60906eb9> HERE

--------------------

Welcome the Water: Climate-Proofing for Resilience | Henk Ovink on Bioneers Radio
In the face of global climate disruption, two billion people worldwide will be challenged by too much water, and nearly another two billion by not enough. When you fight nature, you lose, says Dutch water wizard and designer Henk Ovink. He’s dramatically demonstrating on large scales how to shift our relationship to nature and to culture - and climate-proof our cities and coasts. Welcoming the water is what we really need.

Listen to the radio program here: https://soundcloud.com/bioneers/welcome-the-water-climate-proofing-for-resilience-henk-ovink

August 11 – City Farm Work Party 9am to 12noon. Community Potluck at 12noon

There is much to mulch and much to harvest at City Farm. Folks who come to help will go home with veggies and also that good feeling from assisting our community educational farm to flourish. City Farm SLO is a 19-acre parcel of class-one irrigated farmland located along Highway 101 between the Madonna Shopping Center and Los Osos Valley Road, adjacent to the 140-acre San Luis Ranch. Both properties are contained within the City’s Calle Joaquin Agricultural Preserve. The address is 1221 Calle Joaquin Road. We are next to the newly constructed BMW car dealership. http://centralcoastgrown.org/city-farm/

Support Central Coast grown by making a contribution by clicking here. <http://centralcoastgrown.org/drupal/index.php?q=civicrm/contribute/transact&reset=1&id=1>

Our Global Family Village at City Farm is creating a culture based on the Permaculture Ethics of Care for the Earth, Care for People, and Share the Abundance – We invite you to be part of the village and tend to the land together. “Villagers” are caretaking plots of land at no cost. We already have a handful of villagers but are accepting others to “join the village.” Contact treelees at charter.net for more information.

Here are our cultural norms:

Our Global Family Village Culture

Gratitude for what we have – offer what we have abundance of

Empathy for one another – we are part of one family

Peer bonding – everyone is both a student and teacher

Modeling regenerative design whenever possible

Stewardship of our village – it is a model of an ecosystem

Conducting ourselves with honor and appreciation

Look out for one another – modeling love and helpfulness

Practice compassionate communication and forgiveness

Respect for following routines and procedures

Have a sense of the sacred for the land and reverence for all life

Respect indigenous wisdom

August 15 – AMERICAN TINY HOUSE ASSOCIATION COMES TO SLO! 6:30pm at Meadow Park Building
Thanks to a local woman who started a Meet-Up group of local tiny home enthusiasts, an American Tiny House Association rep is coming to SLO on Aug 15th at 6:30pm at the Meadow Park building. He will advise us how we too can make tiny home living legal everywhere - not just in back yards.

The tiny home movement began over two decades ago - this is not a new concept. Cities all over the country are realizing the beauty of legalizing tiny homes that are truly affordable. They are a win/win for everyone - chronically homeless people with little or no income can be housed, the government will not be beholden to support all the indigent, and there will be pride for SLO Co. as a place where we truly care about our homeless.

Please check out the link below to see how they're making tiny homes legal. Thanks for reading.

 <https://americantinyhouseassociation.org/a-legal-path-for-tiny-homes/> https://americantinyhouseassociation.org/a-legal-path-for-tiny-homes/

Becky Jorgeson

HOPE'S VILLAGE
 <http://www.hopesvillageofslo.com/> www.hopesvillageofslo.com
805.234.5478

August 18 – HopeDance film festival “Day Long Edge Film Fest”

in SLO Public Library Community Room

from 9am to 10pm  • donations

TIMES:
9am to 11am: IN PLAIN SIGHT
IN PLAIN SIGHT (the true stories of how young boys and girls are being swept up into the world of human trafficking)

11am to 1pm: ALBATROSS
ALBATROSS (revealing the truth up front of our ecological effects on these most beautiful innocent birds on the Midway)

1pm to 3pm: TAWAI: THE FOREST PEOPLE
TAWAI: THE FOREST PEOPLE (revealing contact with people who may be the last forest dwellers on the planet)

3pm to 5pm: PROSPERITY
PROSPERITY(is it possible to assist in changing the financial game and helping the earth at the same time?)

5pm to 7pm: MONOGAMISH
MONOGAMISH (exploration of monogamy, its history and some alternatives)

7pm to 9pm: LIVING THE CHANGE
LIVING THE CHANGE (fascinating account of back to land folks who are making it work and being examples for others)with conversations and a bit of a party from 8:30pm till we close at 10pm...

Bob Banner is giving away DVDs and Books (from the HopeDance Library) as well as the future of HopeDance in SLO as we are moving to Oregon...

Donations humbly accepted. No one will be turned away.

and check the HopeDance calendar for all trailers & details:

https://bit.ly/2LJRllm

and if you want your SLO friends to be on this list (specifically for film gigs)

simply invite them

to visit here: https://bit.ly/2KjzNs9: