[Central Coast CA Permaculture] Permaculture Socials and Fall Festivals

Teresa Lees treelees at charter.net
Mon Aug 20 09:07:11 PDT 2018

Greetings Permaculture People,

As Summer transitions into Autumn, we also transition ourselves and our
society into a culture of abundance where we care for the earth, care for
one another, and care for our future. Let's join in the harvest! Scroll down
to see other community events at the bottom of this email.

Here are some ways for you to be involved in this abundant community of
practice:

Socials at Our Global Family Village Permaculture Garden  - Come Share in
the Abundance on Thursdays
We will meet for food, drink and socializing at Our Global Family Village at
the City Farm on Thursday evenings starting at 5 pm, August 23rd.

There is a great meeting spot out at the farm to get together surrounded by
abundant plants and garden places, including veggies from the four corners
of the globe, Food Forest, an herb garden, bottle gourds growing in the
African section and plentiful comfrey just to name a few. The incredible
grape arbor with a picnic table is a great place to gather for comradery,
plus there is an outdoor kitchen counter and sink and a central gathering
area under canopies perfect for sitting underneath in the fall evenings.

Come enjoy gathering on Thursdays at the farm with friends and families and
celebrating the abundance of this beautiful planet. Bring food and drink to
share. If you feel so inclined, bring drums and musical instruments to jam
with.

To get to the farm take Calle Joaquin Road north past Alfano Motors and the
new BMW car dealership along Highway 101 between Madonna Road and Los Osos
Valley Road.

The concept of social permaculture is the application of permaculture
principles to human relationships, communities, social systems, and groups.
We invite you to a new twist on how to practice this permaculture principle
by coming together for "Permaculture Socials."

Become a 'Villager' at Our Global Family Village

At Our Global Family Village, we're promoting global unity and permaculture
design principles by growing food crops from the four corners of the globe
through regenerative agriculture techniques. You are invited to be part of
the village and tend the land together. "Villagers" are caretaking plots of
land at no cost. We already have a handful of villagers but are accepting
others to "join the village."

Contact  <mailto:treelees at charter.net> treelees at charter.net for more
information. Website: https://www.ourglobalfamilyfarm.com/

Here are our cultural norms:

Our Global Family Village Culture

Gratitude for what we have - offer what we have abundance of

Empathy for one another - we are part of one family

Peer bonding - everyone is both a student and teacher

Modeling regenerative design whenever possible

Stewardship of our village - it is a model of an ecosystem

Conducting ourselves with honor and appreciation

Look out for one another - modeling love and helpfulness

Practice compassionate communication and forgiveness

Respect for following routines and procedures

Have a sense of the sacred for the land and reverence for all life

Respect indigenous wisdom

Volunteering at City Farm

It feels good working outdoors on the land. Come on out and find out for
yourself how rewarding it is to plant, maintain and harvest crops at the
farm. We are growing community by growing food.

Tuesday and Thursday afternoons 3pm - 5pm at Our Global Family Village
Second Saturday morning 9am - 12noon at Central Coast Grown Mini Farm
(Other times can be arranged.)

Fall Harvest Festival at City Farm on Sunday, October 21st 1pm - 5pm

Come to discover and support your local urban farm. Fun for the whole family
including hay rides, pumpkin patch, corn roast, food vendors, live music,
beer & wine garden, yoga, informational booths, and more! Share the attached
flyer with friends of your family today! This is our 2nd Annual Harvest
Festival at SLO City Farm. http://centralcoastgrown.org/

To get to the farm take Calle Joaquin Road north past Alfano Motors and the
new BMW car dealership along Highway 101 between Madonna Road and Los Osos
Valley Road.

OTHER COMMUNITY EVENTS:

Solar Cooking Classes at the Davies Ranch
Solar Cooking classes are held every third Saturday, at 5009 Jespersen Rd.
in SLO, Rain or shine between May and October. Next one is September 15th,
Hope you can come! Other dates are October 20th and November 17th and
December 15th.
Phyllis Davies  805-440-9346

Chumash Farms Yard Sale and Fundraiser Saturday, Sept. 8 in the Los Osos
neighborhood of 17th/18th St. and Pismo St. 8am to 2pm
https://www.facebook.com/events/495717780867698/

SLO Produce Exchange ........................... Saturday, Sept. 8 at the
SLO Natural Foods Co-op

The National Heirloom Festival.......Sept. 11-13 Santa Rosa, CA
https://theheirloomexpo.com/

SLO Master Gardeners Advice to Grow By..Sept. 15 Rejuvenating Your Landscape
http://ucanr.edu/sites/mgslo/?calitem=422065
<http://ucanr.edu/sites/mgslo/?calitem=422065&g=20913> &g=20913

Central Coast Vegan Monthly Potluck....Tuesday, September 18 at the UU
Church in SLO

World Peace Weekend #WAGEPEACE...September 21- 23 offered globally by Unify
https://www.unify.org/

Autumn Chumash Kitchen ...... Sat. Sept. 22 at the SLO Botanical Garden
https://www.slobg.org/calendar-of-events/autumn-chumash-kitchen

2018 Heirloom Tomato Festival.........Sat. Sept 22 at Windrose Farm 2pm -
5pm
https://farmsteaded.com/collections/all/products/heirloom-tomato-festival-se
ptember-22

"Tomato" The Festival Dinner ...... Sun. Sept. 23 at Windrose Farm 5:30pm
https://farmsteaded.com/collections/all/products/heirloom-tomato-festival-to
mato-the-dinner-sunday-september-23

2018 Fall Fruit Festival    .........Sat. Sept. 29 at Seven Sisters Demo
Garden http://ucanr.edu/sites/mgslo/?calitem=421399
<http://ucanr.edu/sites/mgslo/?calitem=421399&g=20913> &g=20913

Teresa Tree Lees
SLO Permaculture Guild