[Central Coast CA Permaculture] City Farm SLO DECEMBER 2018 Newsletter includes our cob building project

Teresa Lees treelees at charter.net
Thu Dec 6 20:01:00 PST 2018

Hello Permaculture People,

The latest newsletter from City Farm gives you a glimpse into what work has been taking place out at City Farm in San Luis Obispo.

(By the way, I am looking for volunteers in 2019 who want to help with school field trips to City Farm. Please let me know if you can assist.

And we are open to having more villagers share the land in Our Global Family Village too. It is so true: “It Takes A Village!”)

(Viewing the newsletter in your browser works best. Scroll down to see the newsletter.)

Come this Saturday, December 8th, from 10am to 3pm, to see us in action with the cob building project.

WE ARE STILL IN NEED OF COMMUNITY SUPPORT FOR THIS PROJECT. PLEASE GIVE WHAT YOU CAN TO THE GOFUNDME CAMPAIGN. http://www.gofundme.com/mud-hut-cob-building-project

“There is a Cob playhouse being built at the Global Garden in San Luis Obispo. The Cobb playhouse is a project led by Chad Franco, an emerging Cob builder and instructor in the Central Coast area. The global garden is a community-oriented educational garden run by Teresa Lees, gardener, farmer and educator where elementary school children and their families can learn about worldwide food cultures, and food cultivation methods. There are many worthy causes to invest in. In my opinion, the cause of supporting community programs and projects that directly support educating people on the value of regenerative agriculture and sustainable building methods are as worthy and timely causes as having ever existed. If you feel called to donate, whether it is money or time, or both, know that it is energy very well invested.” – cob workshop participant Brian Ernst Marsh

A natural cob building makes a great Christmas gift of sustainability….. they last for a very long time, they have low embodied energy, and use the earth in wise ways. Plus they teacher others what is possible. Please support this education project this holiday season.

Blessings to you and yours,

Teresa Tree Lees

SLO Permaculture Guild