[Central Coast CA Permaculture] Connect YOUR heart to YOUR life - What is YOUR connection in 2019?

Teresa Lees treelees at charter.net
Tue Jan 22 08:04:00 PST 2019

Hello Permaculture Community,

Happy New Year! The theme of our SLO Permaculture Guild in 2019 is "connect
your heart to your life."

"Let us shift our focus away from the chaos and back to the true order of
the universe, which gives us unrestricted freedom and peace in the moment.
We must breathe once more. We must drink in our surroundings and let our
bodies feel again. We must connect our heart to our life, putting hope and
passion and love back into the efforts of the hour."  - Brendon Burchard
from the Motivation Manifesto

Let's explore where our connections and where our passions for permaculture
can merge and where this can take us this year together.

Since you are on this permaculture listserve you recognize how permaculture
brings true solutions to our planet. It is our hope that we can support you
in your quest for a cohesive permaculture community this year. Let's clear
the way for a truly regenerative future together.

We are glad that you are part of this co-creation process, one that allows
each one of us to share our gifts and our spirit.

Circles Uniting Workshops with Frankie Lee Slater

In 2019, we are excited to offer workshops called "Circles Uniting" to help
people connect their heart to their life and to actively create ways we can
bring forward a sustainable way of living and being. This year we will
explore ways to support your interests and enthusiasm for sustainability
with ways to manifest those dreams into reality.  Let's go deeper this year
into our shared vision for a more permaculture based existence.

Frankie Lee Slater will be leading "Circles Uniting" talking circles and
immersive co-creative experiences this year with the SLO Permaculture Guild
- taking us into the realm of The Art of LIVING to understand our creative
nature and who we are as "artists of life."

Frankie Lee has been refining "the art of living," over the course of three
decades, moving in and sharing the intimacy of home with hundreds of people
on four continents, conceptualizing and co-creating ritual-based circle
gatherings with many thousands more.

She was guided to settle here on the Central Coast in early July, and will
be guiding us in the more subtle understanding of human perception and how
we create that will enhance our ability to come together and co-create -
with grace and ease.  Imagine that!

More information to come about these Circles Uniting workshops in 2019.

Frankie Lee is available for consulting, speaking and coaching you along
your soul's journey, to fulfill your greater purpose.  Please feel free to
reach out to her to explore and join Circles Uniting Global at:
www.facebook.com/circlesuniting

Cob Building Project

One of our passion's in the SLO Permaculture Guild is a Mud Hut Cob Building
project, which is a cob playhouse for children at Our Global Family. The cob
building will be showcased to school children when they come to field trips
to SLO City FARM, and for the FARMGIRLS Summer Camp, as well as for families
to enjoy through the years. City Farm operated by Central Coast Grown:
http://centralcoastgrown.org/

Cob Builder's Unite!

We will have the local Carpenter Foreman's group lend a helping hand to get
the roof built! Thank you Carpenter Foreman's group for this contribution to
our community! We will also be offering a Sculpting & Cob Plastering with
Chad Franco this spring. More information to come on that workshop to be
held this spring.

Donate to the GoFundMe

We are gathering funds and resources to complete the project and to build
the roof. We still need $600 to complete this cob building. Please donate
generously to this community effort.
https://www.gofundme.com/mud-hut-cob-building-project

We just received a $150 donation from the Sunburst Sanctuary AND we are so
grateful we received a $500 anonymous donation in the New Year. Here is what
the donor had to say about the project:

"Thanks for your public education re: options that make sense for our time.
Thanks for holding space and propagating the values connected with
interdependence, stewardship, listening, respect of our Mother Earth and all
Her Creatures."

And another donor says..

"What a great addition to your already amazing educational international
permaculture garden! The children will learn so much about what an earthen
structure feels like and how it can function it each time they experience
it. Knowing it can be made from materials nearby is so empowering, too. I
hope to see it sometime in the not too distant future. Best Wishes!"

Become part of Our Global Family Village:
https://www.ourglobalfamilyfarm.com/

We have a plot of land for our community at City Farm called Our Global
Family Village.    We are looking for "villagers" - people who can tend to
sections of the garden. At Our Global Family Village, we're promoting global
unity and permaculture design principles by growing food crops from the four
corners of the globe through regenerative agriculture techniques. Villagers
bring their talents and skills with them to help co-create a community space
for all to enjoy. Come be part of the village.

Some examples of creations for our community space are:

.         Sign making & painting

.         Art installations

.         Garden Sculptures

.         Construction projects

.         Tending to the garden

.         Mentoring youth in the garden

.         Singing & dancing in the garden

.         Building Soil through composting

.         Event planning

.         Creating community

Come to Work Parties at SLO City Farm on Second Saturdays at 9am - 12noon

Looking for a way to contribute to our efforts at City Farm? Then come out
on the second Saturdays to help with farmwork projects. City Farm SLO is a
19-acre parcel of class-one irrigated farmland located along Highway 101
between the Madonna Shopping Center and Los Osos Valley Road, adjacent to
the 140-acre San Luis Ranch. Both properties are contained within the City's
Calle Joaquin Agricultural Preserve.

Website: http://centralcoastgrown.org/city-farm/

Spread the Word to school groups - Field Trips ON THE FARM (see attached
flyer)

Next Generation ON THE FARM Field Trips for school groups are beginning to
take manifest in the New Year at City Farm SLO. School groups can sign up
for a field trip by contacting Teresa Lees. They are aligned to NGSS - Next
Generation Science Standards.

See attached flyer that outlines the four field trip options:

Food Crops ON THE FARM field trip for Kindergarten and First Graders to
explore how food is grown.

Life Cycles ON THE FARM for Second and Third graders to see the reproductive
cycle take place with bees, insects and other pollinators.

Earth Materials ON THE FARM field trip set up for Fourth & Fifth students to
be soil scientists looking at soil health.

Human Impacts to Earth Systems ON THE FARM for Middle School students to
learn about 'carbon farming.'

Save the Date - FARMGIRLS Summer Camp June 25 - 28, 2019

The 4th Annual Farmgirls Summer Camp will take place the last week of June.
FARMGIRLS Summer Camp will include farming, cooking, eating, making crafts,
singing and nature hikes. The FARMGILRS summer camp is a place where women
and girls of all ages can learn about how to grow food in an ecological
approach that follows the ethics of permaculture: care for the earth, care
for one another, and share the abundance. Together we can create a food
system that is Regenerative, Healthy, Local, and Resilient. Registration
will open up in February 2019.

Stay connected!

Teresa Tree Lees

SLO Permaculture Guild