[Central Coast CA Permaculture] blossoming permaculture in our community this spring

Teresa Lees treelees at charter.net
Thu Mar 21 11:45:41 PDT 2019

Hello Permaculture Community,

We had a nice group of people come on March 16th to City Farm SLO for
community service as part of LOVESLO.

Here are photos from the day:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/124814213@N08/sets/ Thanks everybody!

Here are upcoming permaculture programs and Earth Day events in our
community this spring. Come be part of it!

We need community! We need you! We need to come together to protect the
Earth and to care for the land and for one another.

March 22 is World Water Day with Surfrider Foundation
<https://www.surfrider.org/cleanwater2019?id=7010H000001rcKtQAI&utm_source=W
WD&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=WWD%20Email%201E>

World Water Day is a day to focus attention on the importance of clean
water. It's a day to remind us that everyone deserves access to clean water
to surf, swim and play in.

March 22 - 24 California Ecosystem Restoration Council in Hollister, CA

https://www.facebook.com/events/1049425035243956/

March 23 - Quail Springs Permaculture Farm Tour - 10am to 3pm
We will be carpooling from the SLO Guild Hall at 7:30am. Let me know if you
are going to carpool with me treelees at charter.net

https://www.meetup.com/San-Luis-Obispo-Food-and-Farm-Adventures/events/25916
1167/

March 30 - Regenerate the Earth & Spirit at Sunburst Sanctuary - 9am to 5pm
Please call or email to find out if space is still available. Give Sunburst
a call at 805.736.6528 or email contactus at sunburst.org

https://www.meetup.com/San-Luis-Obispo-Food-and-Farm-Adventures/events/25897
1035/

April 6 - Cobbing Day at Our Global Family Farm - 10am to 4pm

Come cob with Chad Franco (or just come to check it out) 10am to 4pm to
finish the walls of the children's mud hut playhouse.

Here is Chad's Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cobbersdelight/

We are in need of funds to finish this project. Donate here:
https://www.gofundme.com/mud-hut-cob-building-project

April 7 - Transforming Clay Soil at Our Global Family Farm - 12noon to 3pm
Amanda Smith, M.Sc. of Soil Harmonics, will be teaching about clays soils at
Our Global Family Garden starting at 12noon on April 7th.  First we will
discover more about the physical properties of the soil at City Farm and
discussing why these properties are different or the same.  Then there will
be discussion about how unique clay is and what it has to offer to a garden
and what types of challenges it can present.  Lastly, ways to enhance all
the great things about clay will be shared.  Please share $10 to attend this
workshop.

https://www.meetup.com/San-Luis-Obispo-Food-and-Farm-Adventures/events/25943
0757/

Facebook invite: https://www.facebook.com/events/2308308269414261/

April 13 - Work Party at City Farm

https://www.cityfarmslo.org/engage-community

April 20 - Building the Cob Playhouse roof - 10am to 4pm
https://www.ourglobalfamilyfarm.com/

Come join in (or watch) the 805 Carpenters Union build a roof over the cob
playhouse at Our Global Family Farm.

April 21 - GreenSpace Earth Day in Cambria - 11am to 3pm

https://greenspacecambria.org/events-calendar

April 27 - Earth Day SLO at Laguna Lake - 11am to 5pm

http://earthdayalliance.com/earth-day-2019/

June 25-28 - FARMGIRLS Summer Camp at Our Global Family Farm - 8am to 12noon
FARMGIRLS is a summer camp run by an affiliate project, Our Global Family
Farm, a permaculture demonstration site located at City Farm SLO in San Luis
Obispo, CA featuring food crops and indigenous food cropping systems from
the four corners of the globe. Summer camp activities will include farming,
cooking, eating, crafting, singing and nature hikes. FARMGIRLS is a place
where women and girls of all ages can learn about growing food using
ecological approaches that follow the ethics of permaculture: care for the
earth, care for one another, and share the abundance.  Together we can
create a food system that is: Regenerative - Healthy - Local - Resilient

Register here:
http://www.permaculture.us.com/farmgirls/farmgirls-summer-camp

Please spread the word about all the above events. We have two Facebook
pages:

SLO Permaculture Guild - https://www.facebook.com/SLOPermacultureGuild/

Permaculture in SLO County -
https://www.facebook.com/groups/permacultureslo/