[Central Coast CA Permaculture] Reminder: MeetUps & PDCs

SLO Permaculture Guild info at ourglobalfamilyfarm.com
Tue Aug 27 10:11:04 PDT 2019

Reminder: MeetUps & PDCs

We MeetUp tomorrow August 28 at SLO Guild Hall at 6pm as part of the 50 year celebration of Sustainability Practices at Sunburst Sanctuary. Hope to see you there! We also have a NEW MeetUp on Saturday, September 7th for a Hemp Farm Tour. See below for details. Better yet, sign up for our MeetUp group to get notifications. https://www.meetup.com/San-Luis-Obispo-Food-and-Farm-Adventures/ See below for more information about two PDCs in our area. One at Sunburst Sanctuary September 16-29. One at Quail Springs November 3 - 17

August MeetUp: August 28th at 6pm to 7:30pm Sunburst Community Sustainability Principles FREE to All. San Luis Obispo Guild Hall, 2880 Broad Street Please come to learn about the Sunburst C0mmunity and the PDC they are offering this fall. The picture above is the cob wall they built at Sunburst Sanctuary. Join Sunburst Community members as they share their 50-year history of sustainability and community living. This will be a slideshow presentation and talk, showing past, present and future sustainability and permaculture-inspired projects, including an upcoming Permaculture Design Course. We look forward to seeing you there!

Tour of local hemp farm September 7th at 10am Location: 1600 Templeton Road in Templeton Hemp, or industrial hemp, is a strain of the Cannabis sativa plant species that is grown specifically for the industrial uses of its derived products. It is one of the fastest-growing plants and was one of the first plants to be spun into usable fiber 10,000 years ago. It can be refined into a variety of commercial items, including paper, textiles, clothing, biodegradable plastics, paint, insulation, biofuel, food, and animal feed. Come find out about a local Hemp Farm in SLO County and to build public awareness and support for the production of hemp and manufacturing hemp products. There will be a hayride tour of Frank Brown's hemp farm in Templeton at 10am. Please RSVP in advance. There is no charge for this tour. RSVP with Teresa Lees at treelees at charter.net or on MeetUp https://www.meetup.com/San-Luis-Obispo-Food-and-Farm-Adventures/events/264344396/

PDC Course September 16-29 at Sunburst Sanctuary In this 14-day course we will focus on land based systems with as much practical, outdoor hands-on work as possible. Learn to design for abundant water, living soils, renewable energy, healthy plants, water-harvesting earthworks, natural building, community living, and creating the conditions for a life based on the patterns in nature—all while immersed in the daily life of the Sunburst community. Additionally, we will explore ‘invisible structures’ — the social, cultural, political and economic structures that shape much of our world today. This course involves group work in which students complete a real-life design project. Through completion of this 72-hour PDC, participants gain conceptual and practical knowledge of permaculture, and receive a certificate to practice Permaculture Design. Find more here

New Permaculture Land Based Business 7th Generation Design Would you like to achieve self-reliance and resilience in food and water security? Would you like to develop sun-powered income streams (i.e. growing, living things that produce tangible products of real value) and a homestead, farm, or ranch that helps pay for itself? Do you want to live on a beautiful, serene homestead that rejuvenates all who experience it? If any of that rings true to you, 7th Generation Design is here to help. We are a SLO-based permaculture design business that works with landowners to create and clarify holistic designs for their landscapes, agricultural systems, ranches, retreat centers, and more that align their vision, goals and desires with the omnipresent and ever-working forces of nature; and in this way begin to leverage their human efforts on the landscape with what already wants to happen naturally. Basically, we look for the little hinges that can swing the biggest doors, get them aligned and oiled (and help landowners tap into federal funding pools to help pay for that alignment!), and then let nature’s broad shoulders do the heavy lifting. We at 7th Generation Design hope you'll read our introduction letter (with a link to our Funding Opportunities Quick Start Guide), and connect with us so we can work together to bring our community and incredible SLO environment to greater resilience! - Wes Cooke & Casey Pfeifer

Soil Not Oil Conference Grey Area Theater 2665 Mission Street San Francisco, CA 94110 The Soil Not Oil International Conference is an educational event where attendees learn about the root causes, effects and solutions towards creating climate stability. The event is highly recommended to students, educators, activists, farmers, scientists, investors, policy makers, healthcare providers, urban planners and environmental changemakers. For the 5th SNO Conference we have confirmed keynotes Jonathan Latham, Elizabeth Kaiser, Anne Bilke, R Brent Wisner and David Mongomery. There will be dozens of plenary speakers and workshops, as well as several performances. Join us in an energy-filled environment to share, discuss and learn the best practical solutions from topics such as carbon sequestration and regenerative agriculture to soil ecology and biodiversity. Together, we can achieve environmental justice and steward a path towards a thriving planet.

Quail Spring PDC November 3rd to November 17th Immerse yourself in permaculture in action with this 14-day learning journey! Share in the joy of community - learn together and change the world. Take home the ability to design and apply natural principles to create stable and resilient systems that provide food, water, shelter and energy needs while regenerating ecology, community and economy. The Quail Springs Permaculture Design Course (PDC) includes the 72-hr Permaculture Certification through Permaculture Research Institute. Permaculture is a conscious integrated design system based on ecology and sustainability principles to create resource efficient and productive human environments and reduce our footprint on the earth. Permaculture provides a framework for consciously designed landscapes that mimic the patterns and relationships found in nature that provide diversity, stability, and resilience. These systems yield an abundance of shelter, water, energy, and food for the provision of local needs.

Click on the link below to open the message in a browser:
https://shoutout.wix.com/so/57MpJ_d9p?cid=6fa5d124-beb1-480d-bbf4-30daa8351921

You've received this email because you are a subscriber of this site
https://www.ourglobalfamilyfarm.com/

If you feel you received it by mistake or wish to unsubscribe, click here
http://www.wix.com/my-account/contacts/unsubscribe?metaSiteId=2fceeea4-b37d-4c78-8e1f-dcd7cc286a95&unsubscribeToken=abcefd4d5885911e7f4ea863ecce180388e169a39e4c714f1a99cb3376c2b706b0ab2c558b18865c122f93e1520b6796e91334e5c84e452bf402332c7811ede2d4872243609ee8dec7a8cb1eb5f81c9f445fe65559299dd1ed48d4aea7087f267948b4ec60bec5f7b35bf2008250bc4665466581ed0d44fdbfd9660aa498bf3775209f8a6a05464bc4d27ee21fcd503f71e99ba9614bb941b2a4614ca4811f19b692c6b7bfab2cdd2c76ca94a5a6e979cfe72afdd3fc9ffa20ea954202f45e6a62b6327d7833327dd5c9f983aecb3b95dccfecfc68b486c08eab1e016f7e2aaa964fd1a3586bba2990e443387f48a3564e348e1ba39b4164063efd0bbe6b60bcafbdd2e795680304d5564ee23f933bef20a5e5223a6e4d4aae8572d16161f5c3fbe89760d81337122f1cefe66b808bb4132873c3ab6af8ce08db859dac3277a30accac21822f8ede138d92d5889ddf1996aac0d4f50a4e1705093e81f68069ce535a463180593f74c158db99a18319ab5fba71364561b48010eb2cd8bfbb9a92d6d54b73512b3aa44905355e492ca8d8d096a5659dc1c5771670e62f58fa7bd3&siteName=website