[Lapg] Los Angeles Permaculture Guild News & Upcoming Events

camille cimino camcim at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 29 10:07:25 PDT 2004

Los Angeles Permaculture Guild News & Upcoming Events

Saturday, Oct 30 Hubbell Fundraiser Quail Botanical Gardens

Nov 6 & 7 Harvesting Rainwater for Home & Garden

Nov 12-14 Humanure Composting Toilet Workshop

Nov 21 - LAPG Workparty & Guild Meeting

Dec 3-5 Mark Lakeman from Portland's City Repair

How to subscribe to Los Angeles Permaculture List Serv

See Below for more info, websites, and contact info.

The Ilan-Lael Foundation is very excited to introduce our first

"Community Arts Fiesta" to San Diego. It Is an interactive event

focusing on music, art and dance in celebration of Dia de los

Muertos and Halloween for children of all ages and adults.

This event will be from Noon-4:30pm on Oct.30 at

Quail Botanical Gardens in Encinitas.

We have many talented local musicians, artists and performers

hosting workshops throughout the gardens

Please see attachment for more info or details or contact:

Olivia Hancock at olivia at hubbellandhubbell.com

(619) 231-0446

If you need another attachement sent in spanish

 or english please conatct Camille Cimino at

camcim at yahoo.com or (213) 480-8002

HARVESTING RAINWATER FOR HOME AND GARDEN

Idyllwild, CA - NOV 6 & 7

$150 includes Saturday and Sunday lunches

Scott Horton LaSemillaBesada at hotmail.com or (510) 433-0894

Nov. 12 -14 Compost Toilet workshop,

taught by expert and author Joe Jenkins (Humanure).Lompoc CA

The fee is on a sliding scale, $100 - $150 for adults,

$25 - $50 for kids.

For details and a registration form

www.elfontheweb.org/Humanure/Humanure.html

ELF - Environmental Learning Foundation info at elfontheweb.org

Los Angeles Permacutlture Guild Work Party & Meeting

Sunday November 21 from 10 am - 5 pm

Come help Ray Cirino work on his Mobile Cob Dragon Oven.

Please wear old clothes and shoes.  Bring a lunch or money for Rocky's.

Will happen rain or shine in Ray's airport hanger.

5-7 pm  Dinner at Rocky's and LA Permaculture Guild Meeting

For Directions and more information about the work party

contact Ray Cirino at cobanation at yahoo.com or at 818) 897-4444

For info about LAPG and how to participate contact

Joan Stevens at joaniebird007 at yahoo.com or (323) 258-0463

or Camille Cimino camcim at yahoo.com or (213) 480-8002

Slide Show, Talk, and participatory workshop

with Mark Lakeman of City Repair Portland

at Los Angeles Eco-Village December 3-5

Join visionary architect Mark Lakeman as he inspires and guides

the grid structure of a typical American city into a vital social

commons with Portland’s City Repair Project (www.cityrepair.org)

Now a national movement, City Repair is about cities, towns, grids

and the intersections where our lives can converge.

Multidisciplinary, City Repair combines architecture, urban planning,

anthropology, community development, public art, permaculture and

ecological design in projects that transform public space.

Dec. 3, Fri 7:30 pm: "The Village Lives,"

Slide show and talk with Mark Lakeman of Portland's City Repair

$10 (sliding scale ok)

Reservations recommended

Contact Lois at 213/738-1254 or <crsp at igc.org>

Dec. 4, Sat.10 am - 4:30 pm. "Redesigning our Intersection,"

A Design Workshop with Mark Lakeman

$100 -$50 sliding scale.

Reservations required

Contact Lois at 213/738-1254 or <crsp at igc.org>.

Dec. 5 , Sun. 10 am - 4:30 pm. "Intersection Repair in L.A. Eco-Village."

Wear old clothes and shoes. We'll be building some of the projects we

designed on Sat. 12/5.

$100 - $50 sliding scale

Reservations required

Contact Lois at 213/738-1254 or <crsp at igc.org>

All 3 events will be at:

LA Eco-Village 117 Bimini Place Los Angeles CA 90004

LISTSERVES of South Coast Permaculture Guild of Southern CA

**NEW Los Angeles Permaculture Guild List Serv **

To get Up to Date Permaculture Ongoing Announcements for courses,

events, and posting of articles of interest try subscribing to

our local Permaculture Listserves:

ccpg serves San Luis Obispo,

scpg serves Santa Barbara down and including Los Angeles,

lapg serves Los Angeles & Orange County

and sdpg serves San Diego area.

Below are the instructions how to sign up thanks to John Howe

for setting them up.

These instructions work the same for each separate list:

central coast list(ccpg at arashi.com), south coast(scpg at arashi.com,

los angeles (lapg at arashi.com), and the san diego list (sdpg at arashi.com)

TO SUBSCRIBE to this mailing listserve -

Each is web based, log on the each website you

want to subscribe to:

South Coast Permaculture CA Guild subscription

Central Coast CA Permaculture Guild Subscription

Los Angeles Permaculture CA Guild Subscription

San Diego Permaculture CA Guild Subsciption

REMINDER: Once you are signed onto one or all of the

list serv’s type in sdpg at arashi.com, ccpg at arashi.com,

lapg at arashi.com, or scpg at arashi.com to post a message.