[Lapg] LA City Repair - News & Upcoming Events

camille cimino camcim at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 2 14:42:24 PST 2005

LOS ANGELES CITY REPAIR  - NEWS & UPCOMING EVENTS

OUR WEBSITE DOMAIN - http://losangeles.cityrepair.org
If you want to participate in the website we are
collecting, ideas, pictures, text, etc.

Please email contributions and suggestions to
camillecimino at earthlink.net before Tue Feb 8.

Big THANKS to Treiops Treifid and Ryan Matson for
helping make this happen!

NEXT EVENT - Saturday February 12 - 10 am - 4 pm
Please meet at Los Angeles Eco-Village for city repair
street painting!  You can come early if you want to
help chalk out the design.

Los Angeles Eco-Village
117 Bimini Pl.
LA, CA  90004
(right off 1st and Vermont)

**see below for more details**

SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT - Mark Lakeman Returns to LA!

March 5 & 6, 2005

Plans are not definite but it looks like Mark will be
in LA and available Saturday March 5.

He will be a guest lecturer at The LA Permaculture
Design Course w/ Larry Santoyo on Sunday March 6.

Check out www.earthflow.com for more information.

He is also looking to explore venues to do his lecture
and slide show.

There would be a high interest for him to engage with
lower ecoonomic communities or communities of color.
City planners, government, architects, etc. would also
be a good choice.

If anyone has any connections, ideas, or suggestions
on venues please contact camillecimino at earthlink.net

***  LA City Repair - Saturday Feb. 12   ***

City Repair Project at L.A. Eco-Village
Saturday February 12  10 am - 4:30 pm

We will be painting the intersection at Bimini and
White House Place.  We will pick up from where we
started when we were rained out on December 5th and
January 8th.

The street will be closed off.  There'll be music and
dancing in the street.  Bring food to share.  Wear old
clothes and shoes, and bring an extra paint brush if
you have one.

View one potential outcome on the City Repair LA
listserve in the Shared Web folder.

You can subscribe at:

<http://lists.riseup.net/www/info/cityrepairla>

No charge for this event.  If it rains, event is
cancelled.  If in doubt, call 213/738-1254.

If you have questions or need more information contact
Joe Linton at <jlinton_99 at yahoo.com>.

Additional City Repair events at L.A. Eco-Village
tentatively planned for Saturday March 5 and TBA for
April.