[Lapg] LAEV City Repair RAIN Update

camille cimino camcim at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 11 14:04:13 PST 2005

can you believe it?  four months in a row of rained
out city repair.

good news is we need rain here and the air quality is
GREAT!

so, if it rains tomorrow there will not be street
painting.

but for the dedicated.........

we still would like to encourage everyone to come by
to work on other projects such as, website planning,
building the keyosk, finishing the banners, and
planning for future events.

ray will also be firing up his NEW version 5tkx900a
rocket stove for chai latte and hot tea service.

wait til' you see it!

bring a potluck item for lunch.  dress warm!

see ya tomorrow!

PLUS, Mark Lakeman is scheduled to be here Saturday
March 5th, 3 weeks away!

LOS ANGELES CITY REPAIR  - NEWS & UPCOMING EVENTS

OUR WEBSITE DOMAIN - http://losangeles.cityrepair.org
If you want to participate in the website we are
collecting, ideas, pictures, text, etc.

Please email contributions and suggestions to
camillecimino at earthlink.net before Tue Feb 8.

Big THANKS to Treiops Treifid and Ryan Matson for
helping make this happen!

NEXT EVENT - Saturday February 12 - 10 am - 4 pm
Please meet at Los Angeles Eco-Village for city repair
street painting!  You can come early if you want to
help chalk out the design.

Los Angeles Eco-Village
117 Bimini Pl.
LA, CA  90004
(right off 1st and Vermont)

**see below for more details**

***  LA City Repair - Saturday Feb. 12   ***

City Repair Project at L.A. Eco-Village
Saturday February 12  10 am - 4:30 pm

We will be painting the intersection at Bimini and
White House Place.  We will pick up from where we
started when we were rained out on December 5th and
January 8th.

The street will be closed off.  There'll be music and
dancing in the street.  Bring food to share.  Wear old
clothes and shoes, and bring an extra paint brush if
you have one.

View one potential outcome on the City Repair LA
listserve in the Shared Web folder.

You can subscribe at:

<http://lists.riseup.net/www/info/cityrepairla>

No charge for this event.  If it rains, event is
cancelled.  If in doubt, call 213/738-1254.

If you have questions or need more information contact
Joe Linton at <jlinton_99 at yahoo.com>.

Additional City Repair events at L.A. Eco-Village
tentatively planned for Saturday March 5 and TBA for
April.