[Lapg] support permaculture in our city! 4/10 LA Post Carbon network event

Joan Stevens mamabotanica at sbcglobal.net
Fri Mar 18 10:24:52 PST 2005

Hey fellow permies, here is an excellent opportunity to spread the word of permaculture.
The LA Post Carbon Network (hundreds of local people connected to thousands of people worldwide) is hosting an event on April 10th at the Venice United Methodist Church (1 blk N of corner of Lincoln and Venice).  They will be screening the movie The End of Suburbia from 4-6, entertainment, browsing, and speakers will follow from 6-9.
The opportunity is to host a table (table provided) with literature about local permaculture activities and events.  You will get to explain what permaculture is to hundreds of interested people as well as generate guild membership, potential design course participants (more local design courses for the future!), and vision with others what is possible with permaculture in our city.  There will be a variety of sustainability organizations represented.  This is an excellent opportunity for permaculture in our city!

If you are interested in taking a shift please contact me ASAP!  Bring a friend and have twice the fun!

Shifts: 4-6 - set up and greeting
6-8 - greeting and sharing
8-10 greeting and take down

Joan Stevens
323-258-0463 (voicemail)

"People cannot discover new lands until they have the courage to lose sight of the shore"  Andre Gide