[Lapg] free fruit trees need immediate rescue (fwd)

Faramarz Nabavi faramarz at greens.org
Wed Apr 6 22:09:16 PDT 2005

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2005 12:38:55 -0700
From: Frank Tamborello <frank at lacehh.org>
To: food update <foodadvocates at aumha.org>
Subject: april 6 update

To All Those Interested in Food and Justice...

5. Free Fruit Trees Need Rescue in Culver City

(From longtime food justice advocate Connie DePaepe)

The community that I live in (Culver City) has 3 mature orange trees and one
mature avocado tree that are scheduled to be cut down 'cause they are
interfering with the houses, roads and utilities. A new construction project
(using CDBG funding) will include resurfacing the roads and updating the
sewers and utilities, and will be starting very soon. It is our goal to
relocate the trees rather than cut them down before the project begins.

I want to try to relocate them rather than just cut them down. The trees are
free, but, the person, people or whomever that wants them will have to come,
dig them out and transport them to their new homes.

Could you please e mail me at conniedlou at aol.com   or call me at
310-390-3180 or cell 310-795-0500 if you are interested, or pass this
information along to those who might be interested in these trees?

This information would need to go out as soon as possible as plans to cut
them down will be finalized this week, unless I have interest from the
outside.

Thanks,

Connie DePaepe
310-390-3180