[Lapg] WWORC Summer Solstice Celebration Sat June 25 4-9pm & More, Malibu

Wesley Roe and Marjorie Lakin Erickson lakinroe at silcom.com
Mon Jun 20 05:23:56 PDT 2005

Wright Organic Resource Center's Summer Solstice Celebration is coming up
next Saturday, June 25th.

It's going to be a beautiful event up here in the mountains overlooking the
ocean.  This event is generally well attended and we're hoping to have a
sufficient amount of folks on hand to make sure everything runs
smoothly.  The more the merrier! Come on up and join us for this fun event
and let us know if you can pitch in and help out.

I'm sending out a special call for acoustic musicians !  We had some
amazingly talented musicians show up for the Winter Solstice.  Who will it
be for the Summer Celebration?

Also, we're always looking for help with grant writing, funds finding,
organization...  Let us know if you've got the time and desire.

Thanks!  and please forward this message on to friends you think may be
interested.

Regards,

Peg

Peg Butler, Program Director
Wright Organic Resource Center
24680 Piuma Road, Malibu CA 90265
818.591.8992 ph
818.591.0116 fax
<mailto:worc at elwright.net>worc at elwright<mailto:worc at elwright.net>.net
www.elwright.net/wrightway

Wright Organic Resource Center
for art, architecture and organic living
in Malibu, California invites you to attend

Summer Solstice Celebration
Saturday, June 25
4 - 9 pm
Join us as we celebrate the longest day of the year and welcome the summer.
We'll greet the season, share a potluck meal and have music and conversation.
Bring a dish to share, musical instruments to play and layers of clothes to
wear.
$10 suggested donation

Art on the Land Workshop with Mary Wright
Mary s Art workshop
Saturday, July 16
1 - 5 pm
Mary's workshop will lead you spiraling to the heart of nature and watercolor.
Fun, tactile, eye-opening and very inspiring. For artists of all levels.
$50 workshop fee

Outdoor Art Gallery of Mary Wright Artworks
Sunday, July 17
NOON to SUNSET
Dramatic environmental display of nature inspired works.
Bring a picnic and enjoy the beauty.

Jon Young Nature Awareness Training
Saturday, July 23
10 am to 1 pm
Inspired by his childhood mentoring with tracker and author Tom Brown, Jr.,
Jon Yong has pioneered the blending of Native mentoring techniques from
around the world with the tools of modern field ecology. Through the art of
tracking, bird language, coyote mentoring, working through the senses and
the heart to restore our natural place within ourselves, Jon's teachings
reactivate
the natural blue print with in us all. In the end it gives us a better
understanding
of nature, community and ourselves.
Bring a snack or small lunch.
$50 workshop fee
Call for more information. More about Jon Young:
<http://www.jonyoung.org>www.jonyoung<http://www.jonyoung.org>.org

MASS Ensemble
Saturday and Sunday, July 30 & 31
7 pm
A marvelous musical experience set in nature: strings, vocals, percussion
and performance integrated with the natural beauty of the WORC landscape.
$30
For more information about MASS and to purchase tickets:
<http://www.massensemble.com>www.massensemble<http://www.massensemble.com>.com

Bamboo Building Workshop with Hannah Wear & Kevin Parkhurst
AUGUST 20
10 am - 5 pm
Taught by Kevin Parkhurst & Hannah Wear, this hands-on workshop will cover
bamboo basics, uses through history and cutting and joining techniques.
$50 Workshop Fee

Fall Equinox Celebration
SEPTEMBER 24
5 - 9 pm
Potluck, Season Greeting, Music
$10 suggested donation

Notes: Please carpool when possible, leave animal friends at home, all
events are weather dependent, volunteers are always welcome. Call or
e-mail to r.s.v.p. for events.

Directions to Wright Organic Resource Center - 24680 Piuma Road, Malibu
Beach Route
· Take the Pacific Coast Highway to Las Flores Cyn. Rd. in Malibu.
(across from Dukes Restaurant). Las Flores Cyn. Rd. is 4.8 miles from
Sunset Blvd. and 9 miles north of the 10 Freeway.
· Take Las Flores to its termination and then turn right onto Rambla
Pacifico (after a short while, Rambla Pacifico becomes Piuma Rd). Follow
for 2 miles, the last ½ mile is down hill.
· Turn left onto dirt driveway *24680 Piuma Rd.* You will see a pine
tree and a wooden sign that says Wright.

Valley Route
· Take the 101 Freeway to Las Virgines Rd. Take Las Virgenes south to
stop light at Piuma Rd., approximately 5 miles.
· Turn left onto Piuma Rd. Go 5 miles uphill.
· Turn right onto dirt driveway *24680 Piuma Rd.** *You will see a
pine tree and a wooden sign that says Wright.

Note: From Pacific Coast Highway, it should take 25 minutes. From 101
and Las Virgines, it should take about 20 minutes. Please allow plenty
of time for the trip, it s a steep and winding road up the hill. Also,
please make sure you have the correct address, do not go to 24860
Piuma Rd. (It s a common mistake)

Wright Organic Resource Center
24680 Piuma Rd, Malibu, CA 90265
818.591.8992 ph