[Lapg] Join us for an August straw-bale barnraising...

Cuyama Learning Center clc at wyp.org
Wed Jul 6 18:29:27 PDT 2005

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE FORWARD THIS EMAIL TO ANY AND ALL NETWORKS IN
YOUR CIRCLE

A Cuyama Learning Center Volunteer Opportunity

 (1 and ½ hours from Santa Barbara, deep in the backcountry)

A Straw-Bale Barnraising; An Invitation to Learn and Share

During the Entire Month of August, 2005

RSVP to join us for part or all of this adventure: clc at wyp.org

Camping, Food, and a unique community experience provided

Hello Friends Old and New,

There are many gifts that have flowered at the Cuyama Learning Center
over the past year and we offer our thanksgiving to all the folks who
have offered their life energy, resources, laughter, tears and sweat as
we have been developing this unique place into an oasis of vitality and
sustainability (http://wyp.org/programs/cuyamalearning.htm).  Miracles
continue to bless this land and our work through gifts from various
folks who have donated most of the necessary funds to convert our 2,400
square foot workshop into a magical straw-bale community, kitchen, food
storage, office, and living areas.  During the month of August, we are
inviting kindred and willing folks to volunteer with us in a
barn-raising celebration where we will work to manifest this building
and further the vision of the Cuyama Learning Center.  (We provide the
food, a campfire, a swimming pond, and a place to set up your tent
..)

We will be prepping our existing building for the straw-bale renovation
from August 1 to the seventeenth then will be stepping into the full
construction phase on the nineteenth of August through the first week of
September.  We have a kindred friend flying out on the 17th of August
from Illinois who is a seasoned contractor, rhythm maker, flute player,
grandfather, and life lover who will be guiding much of the process of
this building project.  Please consider joining us, bringing family
and/or friends for this exciting project whether it be for one day or
the month.

You will have an opportunity to learn about straw-bale construction,
carpentry, off-grid power systems, grey water, waste regeneration,
community building, and the magic of people working together to
synergize their energies to create something useful and beautiful for
the generations yet to come.  Our approach will be one filled with much
celebration, ceremony, laughter, tears, and beautiful music throughout!
So, bring your drums and other instruments so that we can serenade this
land, all parts of the workshop, and each other!

Let us know what days (during the month of August and the first week of
September) you are able to commit to come out and we will schedule you
in and send you a packing list, tool wish list, directions, and gate
codes to get into the property.  Please let us know how many people, and
a brief description of any special construction, electrical, cooking,
kitchen, child engaging, willing to jump in and do your best attitude,
drumming, or other pertinent skills you may wish to offer (email this to
clc at wyp.org).  We are humbly asking for your help and offer in return an
opportunity to put your life-energy into building something useful for
the generations yet to come
.

Looking forward to seeing you and working beside you
..

Blessings and Much Appreciation,

Warren and Cyndi

Warren Brush & Cyndi Harvan