[Lapg] cob construction + rocket oven workshop : begins 9/6

David Silverstone davidsilverstone at mindspring.com
Fri Jul 8 18:43:44 PDT 2005

My VistaPrint Electronic Business CardCob Construction and Rocket Cob Oven
Design Course
      Date & Time: Saturday, August 6, 2005 - Saturday, September 10, 2005
class starts 9:30 AM

this specialized workshop will be taught by Ray Cirino of Cobanation who
will lead us in the creation of and inspiration for a whole spectrum of cob
creations. the course will meet on 3 Saturdays during the month of August.
the course is divided into four parts.

part 1. students will learn basic foundations for cob construction. cob
preparation. the imaginative and extraordinarily sustainable rocket oven
concept and design (a workshop all in itself)
parts 2&3. students will learn cob construction and actively work building a
fantastic sea shell shaped seating area and interconnected cob oven with
rocket stove technology. we will also discuss design and construction of
other practical cobanations.
part 4. students will learn to prepare and apply earthen plasters for cob
construction including tile mosaic and design element application on the
finished sea shell benchoven and enjoy a pizza party in the finished design.

part 1 - Aug 6
part 2 - Aug 13
part 3 - Aug 20
part 4 - Sept 10
course location is Hollywood near the 101 and vine street exit
cost of course is $75 per day or $200 for all 4 workshops
work trade available for qualified artisans

for more information contact david at greeningplanet.com or call 323 465 7653
Posted by:
         David
      Hollywood