[Lapg] Updated changes for David Holmgren Workshop at the Commonweal Garden, Bolinas California August 6 - 9, 2005

Wesley Roe and Marjorie Lakin Erickson lakinroe at silcom.com
Thu Jul 28 05:32:24 PDT 2005

  4-DAYS WORKSHOP WITH DAVID HOLMGREN:
August 6 - 9, 2005

   ~NEW VENUE & LOWERED FEES~

Location: ~UPDATED~
Commonweal Garden, Bolinas, California.
Check it out the beautiful Commonweal Garden at:
  http://www.permacultureinstitute.com/commonweal

Course fees: ~UPDATED~
$395 includes onsite camping and meals.

Student/activist rate:
$300 includes  onsite camping and meals.

This is a unique opportunity to spend some quality time with David
exploring his approach to design including doing design exercises with
him. This is a rare event as David doesn't come to this country very
often. We would also like to see this as an opportunity for the
permaculture & design community to come together for an extended time in
a beautiful place, eating delicious food, to meet face to face and have
stimulating conversations, evening fire circles, music, updates and
evening social gatherings as well as an inspiring time with David.

Online Details:
All the course-related information on our web site has been updates and
is easily at:
http://www.permacultureinstitute.com/holmgren4day

Download a flyer to share with others at:
http://www.permacultureinstitute.com/files/HolmgrenCG_flyer_e.pdf
Program:
Course details at: http://www.permacultureinstitute.com/holmgren4day

In this intensive course, David Holmgren, co-originator of the
Permaculture concept (with Bill Mollison in 1970's) and author of the
recent book "Permaculture: Principles & Pathways Beyond Sustainability"
provides an insight into permaculture as a set of design principles for
reshaping how we manage land, our lives and our livelihoods in a world
of energy descent.

Using a combination of free flowing lectures, visual presentations, case
studies of his own work, structured group discussions, observation and a
site design exercise, David Holmgren breathes life into the design
principles which link the diversity of permaculture solutions.

This 4-day format allows participants to gain experience in using the
design principles in an extended small group site design exercise. For
PDC (permaculture design certificate) graduates wanting to expand and
redesign their permaculture toolkit for new conditions and challenges,
this course provides an update on the ongoing evolution of these
permaculture principles and their applications. For those new to
permaculture but with a grounding in sustainability concepts and
strategies, this course provides access to foundational understandings
necessary to make sense of permaculture strategies and priorities.

  How to Register:
Download the registration form at
http://www.permacultureinstitute.com/holmgren4day

Contact:
Regenerative Design Institute & Permaculture Institute of Northern
California
info at permacultureinstitute.com (best!)
415-663 9090