[Lapg] Strawbale barn-raisin' an ongoing success

Cuyama Learning Center clc at wyp.org
Mon Sep 5 22:05:49 PDT 2005

Hello Friends,

We are excited to share the progress of the straw bale community barn
here in Cuyama at Quail Springs.   There have been dozens of folks over
this past month who have shared their life energy in building this
amazing structure.  We have completed over half of the walls and are
beginning the plastering with natural plasters made from our local
clay/sand mixture.  We have attached a picture of the façade of the
building which shows the doorways that will eventually have French
window doors, the archways that will be filled with stained glass, the
community room area curved windows, and the scaffolding that we had to
erect to build these walls.  We have placed our new solar hot water
heater on the roof and are now working from our new solar electric
system installed by our good friends Ritchie and Jenny.  Our gratitude
also goes out to Dan, our friend from Illinois, who offered so much
guidance in getting us well on our way to a completed building.  He
kindly shared his wisdoms in life and building and his amazing music
which have all gone into the walls of this place

The first big construction push is now over and we are asking for more
assistance in finishing this enormous project over the coming couple of
months.  If you have a day, weekend, or week available to join us,
please email us with you potential dates and times to see if it works
into our work schedule at clc at wyp.org. We would love to see your face
and have your creative hard working hands assist us in building this
building for generations yet to come.  We offer the fullness of our
gratitude to all the folks who have been out here to help and thank you
for sharing in this dream

May we all continue to walk in the light of our visions

Warren, Cyndi, Maaka, Cindy, Paul, and Kolmi

Caretakers of Cuyama Learning Center at Quail Springs

 <mailto:w at wyp.org> clc at wyp.org

805.886.7239