[Lapg] David Engwicht Slide Show & Discussion - Thur. Oct 27 @ 7:30 pm

camille cimino camcim at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 25 16:10:43 PDT 2005

**Not to be missed, highly recommended**

The Los Angeles Permaculture Guild and
City Repair LA would like to present:

Author David Engwicht - Slide Show Presentation and
City Repair LA Discussion Social.

Thursday October 27, 2005  starts off @ 7:30 pm

LAEV (Los Angeles Eco-Village)
117 Bimini Pl.  #205
Los Angeles, CA  90004

Please bring a snacks or drinks to share.

We are delighted to have David Engwicht start off the
night by addressing some key issues about our
community and creating the world we want to live in.
After his presentation, there will be plenty of time
for questions and to start addressing these issues in
our own community. This event starts a whole new wave
for City Repair LA, and we will be having more regular
meetings, ongoing projects, and more! We are open to
project ideas and facilitation in different
neighborhoods.

Please join us this Thursday, and check out David
Engwicht's new book:

Mental Speed Bumps: The Smarter Way to Tame Traffic

www.mentalspeedbumps.com

This book is a practical, down-to-earth guide for
residents, parents,health professionals and city
planners that turn conventional wisdom on its head.

· Find out how to use mental speed bumps to instantly
slow drivers without them being aware that they have
slowed.

· Learn why removing all traffic signs, white lines,
speed humps and traffic lights dramatically slow
traffic and makes streets safer.

· Discover why building the social life of the street
is the most effective way to tame traffic.

David Engwicht is a worlds most innovated urban
thinker and is the inventor of the walking school bus.

For more information please contact Camille Cimino
(213) 480-8002 <camcim at yahoo.com> or Katrina Zavalney
(503) 459-1345 <kachina at loveable.com>