[Lapg] Julia Butterfly coming to LA City College 11/15

Lois Arkin crsp at igc.org
Tue Nov 1 09:25:09 PST 2005

CONTACT AARON (BELOW) FOR TABLING INFO.
LAEV/CRSP will be having a table and looking for Eco-Villagers to staff it.
Lois
--------------------------------

We are honored to have you at Julia Hill's "We the Planet Fall 2005
Tour" stop at Los Angeles City College on November 15. Your presence
will help ensure that positive actions result from her inspiration.

Julia's talk will run from 7 to 8 in the Camino Theater. There is no
charge for the event, so bring all your friends and relatives. During
the afternoon we expect a modest display about biodiesel vehicles and
some class tours. We will have the tables set up then, but most likely
you would want to begin setting up your display sometime between 5 and
6:30. After the talk we hope people will see your group in a different
light and want more information or to sign up for volunteer activities
so we hope you will stay until at least 8:30 or so until people leave.

The display area will be outdoors on a lit, covered patio so you will
want to dress for the cool evening. Wind and cold should not be a problem.

Parking will be a few hundred feet away in a well-lit and open Snyder
Field lot near the theater. It is best to enter the lot going south on
Vermont Ave. The entrance is next to the bus stop and a half-block from
the Red Line entrance. If for some reason the gate is not open, use the
intercom to explain that you are with the Julia Butterfly Hill event.

Map location of LACC: http://www.lacitycollege.edu/public/cmap/citymap.html

Map location of Camino Theater and Snyder Field parking:
http://www.lacitycollege.edu/public/cmap/map.html

For updates, posters, press releases, and announcements, please keep an
eye on our event website: www.silcom.com/~adbrown/JuliaHillatLACC
<http://www.silcom.com/%7Eadbrown/JuliaHillatLACC>//

I hope that this event is productive for your organization and that we
can build on this success in the future.

Please feel free to contact me with your questions and concerns at any time.

Sincerely,

Dr. Aaron Brown, Associate Professor

Chemistry and Environmental Science

Los Angeles City College