[Lapg] Biomimicry and Design Costa Rica March 5th - March 11th, 2006.

Wesley Roe and Marjorie Lakin Erickson lakinroe at silcom.com
Tue Jan 3 19:53:14 PST 2006

The Biomimicry Guild is hosting a "Biomimicry and Design" course in La
Cusinga, Costa Rica March 5th - March 11th, 2006. The course will be
co-taught by Guild co-founders Janine Benyus and Dayna Baumeister, PhD.

Join the Biomimicry Guild in this gorgeous location on the Pacific
coast of Costa Rica for our 4th Annual Course in Biomimicry and Design.
This course was held in La Cusinga last year and the beauty and dynamism
of the place has prompted a return trip.

This 6-day course is designed for students and professionals in various
design fields including business organization, education, architecture,
engineering, landscape architecture, interior design, and industrial design
interested in applying biomimicry to your work.

The course is incredibly rich in content and will cover:
• Practical application of biomimicry as a sustainable design tool
• History and theory of biomimicry
• Ethics and philosophy of biomimicry
• The interface of engineering and biology
• Biological and ecological principles relevant to architecture and design
• Animal architecture
• Sustainability challenges in the design industry and potential
bio-inspired
solutions

In addition to exploring these topics, be ready to enjoy howler
monkeys, amazing flora, coral reefs, the Curious Coati and much, much more.

Please visit
<http://www.biomimicry.net/cr.htm>http://www.biomimicry.net/cr.<http://www.biomimicry.net/cr.htm>htm
for a complete
description of the event, course fees and to print a registration form.

We are offering an early-bird registration discount if paid in full by
January 15.
The discounted cost for non-students is $1900 and $1650 for students with
valid ID.
The holidays are just around the corner and this would be a great gift to
request for yourself.

Feel free to contact Rose Tocke, logistics coordinator, with questions at
<mailto:roset at biomimicry.net>roset at biomimicry<mailto:roset at biomimicry.net>.net
or call 406-495-1858.

Happy Holidays, and we look forward to hearing from you soon!