[Lapg] Event at L.A. Eco-Village: Sat., Jan 14 at 4:30 pm A New Ecovillage Zone

Lois Arkin crsp at igc.org
Fri Jan 13 20:22:57 PST 2006

Please visit our website for details on this event:  http://laecovillage.org

Also, please forward this notice to others who might be interested. Thanks.
Lois
============================

Sat, Jan. 14, 4:30 pm
Ecovillage developer BRANDY GALLAGHER-MACPHERSON of Our Ecovillage in
British Columbia gives a talk-presentation-discussion on her ecovillage
and how they got a new ecovillge zoning designation.  Could we create
such a designation here in Los Angeles?  Especially now that we have a
new Planning Director who seems very community oriented.  Come and see
what you think.
Location: L.A. Eco-Village, 117 Bimini Pl. LA 90004
Fee:      $10 (sliding scale ok)
Reservations please:  213/738-1254 or <crsp at igc.org>
=============================
PLEASE NOTE:
The Cohousing talk with Chuck Durrett which was scheduled for Tue, Jan
17 IS CANCELLED.  Watch for a future event with Chuck.
=============================

Sat. Jan 28, 6:30 pm at Valley Cities Jewish Community Center
PEAK OIL: REALITIES & SOLUTIONS of the Looming Petroleum Shortage with
Jan Lundberg, Paul Koretz, Ed Begley Jr and the documentary film "The
Power of Community: How Cuba Survived Peak Oil" (organized by Neighbors
for Peace & Justice SFV).
Suggested donation:  $5
Location:  13614 Burbank Blvd. (betw. Fulton & Coldwater), Sherman Oaks
Accessible via the Orange Line Valley College Station
No reservations required

Also,
Sunday, Jan 29th at 2 pm
PETROCOLLAPSE AND FOOD SECURITY
at
South Central Farm
41st & Long Beach Ave.
accessible via Blue Line Metro Vernon Station
with Jan Lundbeg and Tezozomoc
www.southcentralfarmers.com
No reservations required

Also,
Saturday, Jan. 28th, 7 pm
PETROCOLLAPSE AND THE POSSIBILITY OF CULTUE CHANGE
at
Thoop Memoial Unitarian Universalist Church
300 S. Los Robles
Pasadena 91004
Metro Del Mar Station
$5 - $10 suggested donation
with
Jan Lundbeg
and the documentary film "The Power of Community: How Cuba Survived Peak
Oil"
No reservations required

TOURS OF L.A. ECO-VILLAGE
Sunday,  Feb. 6, 11 am - 1 pm