[Lapg] CITY REPAIR LA & COB BUILDING: SAT, JAN 21ST 10am-5pm read on....

katrina zavalney kachina at loveable.com
Tue Jan 17 23:42:46 PST 2006

Hello!!
A re-cap of last month for City Repair LA. There were some amazing folks with brilliant ideas and many resources to share. Some of which we will see connecting this weekend- and you too! Bob Rich and Tom Mead want to creat a community self sufficiency initiative. Check out his website: www.whisperingmoon.org which has his plans. How fortuitious that the Environmental Charter High School was at the meeting as well and has similar plans. Both organizations want to create prototypes and are talking about merging together with City Repair's help. THIS IS OPEN TO ANYONE!! We will be discussing this and other opportunities from 2-5pm at the address listed below. Earlier in the day we will have hands-on cob building- making benches. See you there, thanks for doing good in the world! repairing the city from the inside out.

 CITY REPAIR LA & COB BUILDING: SAT, JAN 21ST:

So it is time to build the cob benches again at Environmental Charter High School and the City Repair crew to get together!! First we’ll start off with hand-on building benches with Cob at the School, and then we’ll have some grub and talk City Repair.

Located at: 4234 W. 147th Street Lawndale, CA 90260

When:  Saturday January 21, 2006
Time:  10AM-2PM cob building
		2-5pm City Repair
What to bring:  clothes that can get dirty, water, sunscreen, sandals, a good attitude, snacks for yourself or to share! We need as many people there as possible, we want to be close to finishing up this weekend. We’ll be outside in the organic garden.

If you work in sustainability or the environmental field know of anyone who could help us out with wisdom of sustainable building, please have them come on this day or contact me! This is a huge project that is a way for you to practice and view sustainability in Los Angeles.
Any questions thoughts, comments?

contact Kachina Katrina and she'll sort it out.
503-459-1345 (cell)
310-455-2095 (home in Topanga)