[Lapg] Cob building tomorrow!!! at Environmental Charter High School

katrina zavalney kachina at loveable.com
Fri Feb 3 09:39:28 PST 2006

Reminder:  If you don't want to receive these emails anymore, show up this
Saturday to help us get this finished.  Ray Cirino has showed us the ways
now  is our chance to get these benches done, and fast.

Note the time change: 11AM.  We can get our sleep before this event.

It will again be at Environmental Charter High School (4234 W. 147th Street
Lawndale, CA 90260)(ECHS)is building Cob/straw benches in our organic
garden.

This is a huge project that is a way for you to practice and view
sustainability in Los Angeles.

Where: Environmental Charter High School
        4333 W. 147th Street it is at the other campus)look at
        directions below
When:  February 4, 2006
Time:  11AM-2PM
What to bring:  clothes that can get dirty, water, sunscreen, sandals, a
                 good attitude, snacks for yourself or to share!
MAP:
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=4333+W.+147th+Street,+90260&btnG=Sea
rch&ll=33.898668,-118.35052&spn=0.016813,0.034418

If you teach at ECHS please encourage the kids to come on this day.
In the past events we have had over 50 high school students who had the time
of their lives doing this project.

If you work in sustainability or the environmental field know of anyone who
could help us out with wisdom of sustainable building, please have them come
on this day or contact me!

If you want to hang out with amazing high school students, some cool people,
learn something new..please show up on this Saturday!

Directions to Environmental Charter High School

 From the North:

405 South
Rosecrans East exit
Take Right off exit
Take Right (East) onto Rosecrans
Right on Hawthorne (South)
Left on 147th First Stop Light

(very important) For the RMC ECHS community Garden (park on 147th) and look
for the building Called Yesterday's Treasures RMC is below it and the Garden
is behind this building.  And look for a sign!

The main campus is on the corner of Larch and 147th located behind the
Lawndale Christian Church. (don't go there)

Want to see pictures:
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/saralaimon/album?.dir=15b1&.src=ph&store=?
id=&.done=http%3a//photos.yahoo.com/ph//my_photos

Thanks,
Sara Laimon
(pass this on to anyone that would be interested