[Lapg] local CSAs

Jennifer Murphy Jennifer at JMurphyart.com
Thu Feb 23 07:57:50 PST 2006

> I'm looking to subscribe to a CSA produce box in Los Angeles. Any
> suggestions? I'm in the Hancock Park/Koreatown area.
>
> Anna

This is not a CSA yet, but it is a local farm you can support:
Earth work Enterprises
http://www.ewent.org/

They provide job, life skills, nutrition and organic farming training for at-risk youth at their organic urban farm at the Whittier Narrows Recreation Area in South El Monte.
The produce stand sells organic produce at affordable prices - Saturdays from 10:00 to 12:00. Their future plans include starting a CSA.

EarthWorks Enterprises
6260 Hill Avenue , Whittier , CA   90601
562-968-1935 cbyost at charter.net

There is also Tierra Miguel, which is pushing the meaning of local to Los Angeles (2 hours drive/100 miles). They're been a CSA for about 5 years and deliver a wide range of  organic produce weekly to LA, Riverside and San Diego Counties. One box feeds a couple or small family.

14910 Pauma Valley Dr.
Pauma Valley, CA 92061
Beth Ann Levendoski
www.tierramiguelfarm.org