[Lapg] Assistance wanted on food forest project

Cory Brennan cory8570 at yahoo.com
Sun May 7 11:51:48 PDT 2006

I'm looking for help on a food forest project in my yard.  This is being designed and planted by Adonijah Miyamura, who has been doing food forests in inner city Los Angeles for 25+ years.   He did the food forest on Crenshaw High School campus.   My yard is going to be a showcase for the suburban version of this, and planting these in the suburbs will help fund his inner city programs.  We're doing the first phase now, about 1/4 acre tree planting plus a raised bed garden.

  Adonijah has studied permaculture with Bill Mollison, West African indigenous techniques and has apprenticed with many other experts in bio-intensive and related areas.   He specializes in rare trees and non-hybrid native vegetables and medicinal herbs from around the world.    He is a wealth of information, he has his own unique way of doing things based on lots of experience, and you will most likely learn something of strong interest.

  We will be creating beds, swales and planting trees, bushes, veggies and herbs over the next few days.  Contact me for a schedule, we're not exactly sure what it will be right now, but probably Mon, Tues, Weds (May 8 and following) afternoons will be the major time spent in the yard.

  Cory Brennan