[Lapg] Agenda item for your organization to join the Alliance For A Livable Los Angeles

Lois Arkin crsp at igc.org
Sat May 6 09:44:25 PDT 2006

Dear Friends,
Once again, I am reaching out to you to urge your organizations to join
the Alliance For A Livable Los Angeles
<http://www.livableplaces.org/policy/alliance.html>.  There are no dues
and no commitments required--just an opportunity to come together
occasionally with other value-aligned organizations to change the city
and the world!

I believe that we are all very much aligned with our commitment to a
more liveable Los Angeles as defined in the Alliance's "Mission, Values,
Goals" statement.  See
http://www.livableplaces.org/policy/pdf/afllamission.pdf>

Perhaps those listed here go a little deeper in our stated commitments
to sustainability.  By joining the Alliance, I believe we can be a very
strong force for change.

You can see a partial list of the other members of the Alliance at the
first website listed above.

Thanks for considering.

Lois
_______________________________
Lois Arkin
Executive Director, CRSP
Resident, L.A. Eco-Village
117 Bimini Place
Los Angeles CA 90004
Ph:  213/738-1254
em:  crsp at igc.org
Web: www.laecovillage.org
wiki:  http://www.communitywiki.org/odd/LosAngelesEcoVillage/HomePage
_______________________________

p.s.  Below is a schedule of upcoming events announced by the Alliance
in May:

UPCOMING
SMART GROWTH/
SMART LIFESTYLE
EVENTS

May 5, 2006

Making Moves, Making Spaces:

Physical Activity Where We Work, Live & Learn

10:00am - 3:00pm

The California Endowment's Center for Healthy Communities

1000 N. Alameda Street, Los Angeles, CA 90012

-----------------------------------

May 16, 2006

What to Eat: A conversation and book-signing with Marion Nestle

2:00 pm

The California Endowment's Center for Healthy Communities

Room Yosemite A

1000 N. Alameda Street, Los Angeles, CA 90012

----------------------------------

May 18, 2006

Los Angeles Neighborhood Initiative: 4th Annual Community Forum

8:00 am

USC Davidson Conference Center

3415 S. Figueroa St., Los Angeles, CA 90089

------------------------------------

May 18, 2006

L.A. Parks and Wrecks

7:30 pm

LACMA, Leo S. Bing Theater

5905 Wilshire Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90036

What is the future of green space in Los Angeles? An artist, a landscape
architect, a public policy expert, and an architect will discuss how
parks and recreation sites have evolved over the city's history and
speculate on their future. Plans are currently in development for the
Los Angeles State Historic Park and the Rio de Los Angeles State Park,
with other projects being proposed for the Grand Avenue development
downtown. How will Los Angeles recreate itself through these sites-and
how might these sites be employed to teach natural and cultural
histories to generations to come?
-------------------------------
May 23, 2006

Built Environment and Transportation: Impacts on Public Health Conference

8:00 am

Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority

Boardroom One

One Gateway Plaza, Los Angeles, CA 90012

Jennifer Allen
Policy Associate
Livable Places
634 S. Spring St., Suite 727