[Lapg] Apprentice opportunity in LA, Sunland

Cory Brennan cory8570 at yahoo.com
Wed May 17 23:28:51 PDT 2006

I am assisting on permaculture projects in two locations in Los Angeles  -South Central and Sunland.  We are looking for volunteers who would like to apprentice with Adonijah Miyamura in Sunland.  He is doing a demonstration site for his food forestry at my house and we are planting numerous exotic trees and a raised bed garden of international, non-hybrid vegetables and we could use some assistance.  Adonijah has studied with Bill Mollison, with West African indigenous herbalists, and with many others over a 25+ year period of planting food forests in the inner city.  He is well known for creating a food forest on the Crenshaw High School campus.

  The site will be non-profit and will be used in multiple ways, per permaculture principles, including a community-type garden, nursery to propagate plants for inner city and other projects, instruction center, and demonstration site for a more encompassing self-sufficiency project we're doing with the two neighborhoods in LA (whisperingmoon.org/cssi.htm, article "Inescapable Logic").

 Adonijah has many unique approaches and problem solving methods which are of interest.  We will be attempting to wrap up the project over the next three days, Thurs, Fri and Sat.  We'll have good food from his Crenshaw garden, camraderie and music, if you want to provide it!

 The site location is Sunland, CA.   For more info, email or call me 818-731-4706.  Please leave a time I can reach you if you call and leave a message.  Email may be best as i will be very busy over the next three days but will check my email several times per day.