[Lapg] Complete Cob Workshop Santa Barbara CA 2006 Sep 23 -Oct 1

Santa Barbara Permaculture Network sbpcnet at silcom.com
Mon Aug 14 12:27:28 PDT 2006

Complete Cob
www.cobcottage.com

2006 Sep 23 - Oct 1

Location:
Santa Barbara, CA
Cost:
$840
Accomodations:
Includes all meals and camping

Instructors:
Betty Seaman

An expanded version of our Basics of Building with Cob course which in addtion
to the content of the Basics course, we cover in depth many additional things
you can do with cob including arches, details, shelving, furniture and earthen
floors. In this expanded version of our most popular program ever (120 of
these
workshops since 1993!), we'll take the ground out from under your feet and
turn
it into a versatile medium to sculpt a whole house with.

Workshop Registration

For more information or to learn about any new workshops not yet listed on
this
site, please contact the Cob Cottage Company:

    Cob Cottage Company
    Box 123
    Cottage Grove, OR 97424

    Phone (541) 942-2005
    Office hours are usually Tuesday and Thursday from 10:00 - 2:00 PST

Discounts, Trades, and Scholarships:

For most workshops we offer discounts as follows:

    * 20% discount for FULL payment received 90 days in advance
    * 10% off for full payment over 30 days (60 days for Mexico workshops) in
advance
    * 10% off for families and friends coming together (cumulative)
    * 25% discount to graduates of previous Cob Cottage Co. week long or
longer
      workshops.
    * Maximum total discount is 25%
    * Some workshops are not handled by CCC, so our discounts may not apply.
Ask for contact info.

To support deconsumerization, we offer some partial trades and scholarships to
people who can demonstrate serious movement towards simplification and away
from the cash economy. Ask us for more information. We encourage others to
help
improve the world by doing the same. Fees and Registration:

    * The basic fee for all Cob Cottage workshops includes tuition, materials,
      three vegetarian meals daily (unless otherwise noted), and usually
      camping (see "notes" in your workshop's specifics).
    * Group size is limited, so workshops often fill early.  Phone us to
verify
      that space is available.
    * A non-refundable deposit is required to reserve a space, $150 for up to
      10-day workshops, $400 for longer ones.
    * The remainder of the fee should be paid 30 days before the workshop
      begins.
    * Withdrawals within 10 days of the workshop may forfeit the fee.  All
      payments are cash or POSTAL MONEY ORDERS please.  We cannot process
      checks or bank drafts or cashiers checks.

Expect some changes. We suggest you contact The Cob Cottage Company before
making travel plans.

Registration form, please print and mail to: Cob Cottage Company
                                             Box 123
                                             Cottage Grove, OR 97424

__ Enroll me in a cob building workshop (See current workshop schedule for
   information, deposits, and prices):
   Workshop Title: _____________________________________________________

   Dates:_______________  Location:___________________________
   I have enclosed:
      __ $150 NON-REFUNDABLE deposit (10 day or shorter workshops)
      __ $400 NON-REFUNDABLE deposit (longer than 10 day workshops)

   $_________ Full payment (includes NON-REFUNDABLE amount: $150 for 10 day or
                           shorter workshops and $400 for longer workshops)

__ I'd like to learn more about becoming a Cob Cottage Company apprentice.

Payment: Note the prices shown are U.S. dollars and are for postal money
orders
         or cash. We can't process credit cards.  (Our experience is that
         concealed cash is very safe in the U.S. Mail.)  There is a $3.00
check
         processing fee for U.S. checks and for any other currency.  Checks
         should be made payable to Linda Smiley.  When sending cash through
the
         mail, please make sure that it is not visible through the envelope.

Total Enclosed:  $ ________________
Santa Barbara Permaculture Network
(805) 962-2571
sbpcnet at silcom.com
www.sbpermaculture.org

"We are like trees, we must create new leaves, in new directions, in order to
grow." - Anonymous