[Lapg] Looking for Smart Growth Advocacy Groups

heather joy heatherjoy42 at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 15 08:25:38 PDT 2006

I am working on a project in Irvine that is trying to create a new model for development in Orange County that integrates sustainability at all scales.  Part of the goal is to increase density, promote walkability, provide public transit and protect open space, along with other aspects of sustainability and environmental stewardship.

  We are currently in negotiations with the City of Irvine, home of the sprawling master planned community.  In order to support these negotiations, we are looking for groups or individuals that are respected advocates of smart growth principles, sustainability and/or green building to provide public comments.

  If you are interested in participating or know someone we should contact, please email me at heatherjoy42 at yahoo.com.

  Thanks!
Heather Rosenberg
  Senior Ecologist