[Lapg] NEW BOOK :GARDEN PLANET: The Present Phase Change of The Human Species William H. Kötke (Permaculture author)

Wesley Roe and Marjorie Lakin Erickson lakinroe at silcom.com
Mon Aug 21 20:43:01 PDT 2006

GARDEN PLANET: The Present Phase Change of The Human Species

www.authorhouse.com/BookStore/ItemDetail.aspx?bookid=27815

William H. Kötke
Permaculture Author

About the Book

Kötke’s new book brilliantly integrates the best contemporary research into
a compelling argument on the inevitable collapse of the consumer
empire.  The argument presented is not a fuzzy doomsday prophecy but rather
a strong fact-based prediction that will leave the reader awestruck.

Equally brilliant, however, is the “solution” that is offered.  The
solution offered is not wedded to “high tech” fantasies that will invite
further mindless consumption of scarce resources.

The author carefully outlines a new culture based on self-sufficient
eco-villages, a concept that is gathering momentum and will allow a
sustainable transition from the collapse of the consumer empire.

This book delivers an important message for anyone ready to come to grips
with the impending industrial collapse.

About the Author

Author Wm. H. Kötke is widely traveled and published.  His most recent
book, prior to Planet Garden, was the underground classic, The Final
Empire: The Collapse of Civilization and the Seed of the Future.

He has been a journalist, a radio script writer, a pamphleteer, a novelist,
an essayist, and has had many articles published in periodicals.

Free Preview

A new post-industrial, post-imperial world is forming under our feet. This
is a wholistic reality that will serve as the seed pattern for future
generations. This new culture represents the “graduation” of the species to
maturity and biological legitimacy. This is the exciting direction into
which we can all put our creative energies, without reservation. This is an
answer to the fading industrial world. The sprouting seed patterns are
miniature human communities that are intent on serving most human needs,
locally, within their societies. These communities are loosely called
eco-villages. These are intentional communities which are pointed  toward
self-sufficiency. These nascent institutions float on a tide of cultural
creation that has been in motion for some fifty years.

The new culture of the post industrial world has intuitively come up out of
the masses of us. No powerful group has organized projects to produce it;
it is not the result of powerful backroom planners. Since the mid-twentieth
century wholistic responses that constitute the framework of the new
culture have been created as reactions to the failing institutions of
industrial society. We are not inventing new culture from whole cloth. It’s
basic pieces have already been road tested over several decades. What we do
now is to pull all the pieces together and put them on the ground. In this
book we will examine the imminent collapse of civilization, and we will
outline the sprouts and buds of the new human culture that is arising

Format  ISBN    Price
         Electronic Book 1420823892      $ 3.95
         Paperback (6x9) 1420823884      $ 10.25
         Dust Jacket Hardcover (6x9)     1420823876      $ 16.75

Free download of the underground classic book: THE FINAL EMPIRE at:
http://www.Rainbowbody.net/Finalempire