[Lapg] Food forest tour this Saturday, Crenshaw

Cory Brennan cory8570 at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 2 17:25:07 PST 2006

We will be holding a tour of the mature food forest at Crenshaw High School  in the Crenshaw/Leimert Park area of Los Angeles this Saturday, 4 November, at 10:30 AM.

The tour guide is the creator of this food forest, Adonijah Miyamura.  Adonijah will have some of his famous exotic heirloom lettuce and other seed for sale, as well as  small fruit trees grown lovingly by hand, mostly from heirloom seed.

Additionally, a friend of Adonijah's, Nejahe, who is a gourmet chef from Botswana, Africa, is offering a delicious and exotic gourmet meal after the tour at his home for between $15-20 per person. He uses only the finest natural ingredients.  As a note, he will be using dairy products in some of the dishes.  Please, if you wish to eat, RSVP by Friday!   He needs to know how much food to prepare.    After the meal, we will tour Leimert Park, a well kept cultural secret in Los Angeles and will see the famous "Tea Room" (quite a magical experience in itself).    If you're not familiar with this neighborhood, it is well worth checking out.

Location is at 8th Ave and 50th St, Crenshaw district in Los Angeles.  From the 110 freeway, take Vernon Street exit, take a left on 8th Ave, and go to 50th.  Lots of street parking.

We will be carpooling from Sunland.  If you wish to carpool from another location, let me know and I'll let you know if anyone else from that area wants to.

ML, Cory