[Lapg] student support for LEED certification and campus climate challenge

Joan Stevens mamabotanica at sbcglobal.net
Mon Dec 4 12:48:13 PST 2006

Hey folks, I teach high school in Arcadia and advise the Student Sierra Club. We are taking on two projects right now that we could use some support for.  One is an edible landscaping project for outside my classroom.  Larry Santoyo has agreed to support on this but we have a limited budget ($1000) and will need donations of mulch and plants,  also irrigation supplies if possible.  If anyone you know has anything to donate please contact me.

  the other project is the Campus Climate Challenge.  My kids are taking on getting the new construction that is planned to pass LEED certification.  The principal is interested but a little baffled as to how to work with this.  Also they are working to get all the lights in the school buildings to be energy efficient.  Any resources would be greatly appreciated.  As part of the CCC they need publicity for their efforts.  This group of kids is pretty amazing.  If you know of any journalists looking for a totally inspiring story send them my way!

  Many thanks,
  Joan
  323-630-4673

"People cannot discover new lands until they have the courage to lose sight of the shore"  Andre Gide