[Lapg] Arcadia High School E-waste drive 3/24

Joan Stevens mamabotanica at sbcglobal.net
Tue Mar 20 12:22:23 PDT 2007

Hey all, the club I advise is holding an E-waste drive this Saturday.  Please bring in all the electronic equipement you've been wanting to get rid of!  I've attached a flyer and a press release document.  If you don't get the attachments all the information is below.
  Hope to see you there!  Please spread the word!
  Joan

  What: Arcadia High School Sierra Club and Gold’n West Surplus Inc. holding E-waste Drive to benefit the Sierra Club at Arcadia High School and to help our local environment.
  Gold’n West Surplus Inc is a state approved collector and recycler with 15 years experience in properly recycling and disposing of California’s E-waste

  When: March 24th, 2007
              9:00 am – 2:00 pm

  Why: In order to protect people from toxic electronic-waste and to better our environment. This E-waste Drive is also beneficial to the Arcadia High School Student Sierra Club who will receive all proceeds from recycling electronic waste. With California’s new regulations regarding what you can throw away and what you cannot throw away, the Arcadia High School Student Sierra Club is offering the public a free opportunity to properly dispose all the E-waste materials that are no longer viable to the general public.  This event is open to any residents and businesses wishing to help the environment as well as to support Arcadia High School’s dedicated Student Sierra Club in their efforts to enhance the environment.

  Where: Arcadia High School student parking lot right off of El Monte and Duarte Rd.

  How: Anytime from 9 am to 2 pm,  bring your e-waste items and drop them off at the Arcadia High School student parking lot for free. Gold’n West Surplus inc and the Student Sierra Club will take care of it from there on.

E-waste items include but are not limited to:
  *Computer monitors        *Tv’s     *Computer Systems        *DVD Players     *VHS Tapes
  *VCR’s        *Cell Phones         *Printers                *Stereo Equipment
  *Telephones/Communications Equipment      *Cameras    *Home electronics
  *Batteries                                              Excludes: fluorescent light bulbs

"People cannot discover new lands until they have the courage to lose sight of the shore"  Andre Gide