[Lapg] Question re: Jatropha

Cory Brennan cory8570 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 11 18:01:21 PDT 2007

I'm trying to help some friends in S America.  They want to polycrop and grow food along with jatropha to use for biofuels for their farm.  Jatropha is toxic (berries, maybe other parts?), and it is a drylands plant - I would like any tips that anybody knows of as far as polycropping with jatropha - downsides?  Any successful actions?  What food crops might go best with jatropha?   Is there a better drylands plant to use for biofuels?   Etc.

Thanks, Cory