[Lapg] Landscape Design Job with North East Trees!

i_ila at riseup.net i_ila at riseup.net
Mon Jul 30 11:28:13 PDT 2007

Landscape Designer
North East Trees
Los Angeles, CA
US

Job Type: Full Time

North East Trees is a non-profit organization committed to protecting,
preserving and restoring urban ecosystems. We strive to enhance and expand
our urban forests, design and build parks, restore native habitats, and
restore watersheds and water quality. Our mission is first and foremost,
but we also have fun doing the work that we do!

North East Trees is looking for a landscape designer to assist with design
and production of various park and trail projects located throughout Los
Angeles County.

Primary responsibility will be taking conceptual drawings and ideas
through the development and construction document phases. Candidate must
be proficient in producing planting plans.

Candidate should have the following attributes:

- A passion for enhancing open space and habitat, particularly in urban
areas.
- Strong interest in the nonprofit environmental sector.
- Prior landscape design experience, with a working knowledge of key
landscape design tools and processes.
- Ability and willingness to work on multiple projects at one time.
- Comfort working as part of flexible project-based teams.
- Knowledge and use of: Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel,
Powerpoint), AutoCAD, Adobe Photoshop & Illustrator

Desirable qualifications include: Knowledge of California native plants.
Ability to complete freehand and perspective drawings.

Please submit the following items to us for consideration: A short cover
letter that addresses the attributes and qualifications mentioned above. A
resume, Several (3-4) PDF versions of recent work you have completed.

Please email all materials and inquiries.

When you apply for this position,
Please say you saw this job on Green Dream Jobs!!

Contact Information:
Sonia Nicholson
323.441.8634 (phone)
sonia at northeasttrees.org